Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Banksy art for sale… not many takers lol
  • Dickyboy

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-24518315

lovely result for those that took him up on the deal, just hope the mum gives them to her kids as promised 🙂

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Yeah I watched the video really.

Don’t think I’d have bought either. So many fakes about why would you trust it.

Fair play to the ones who did though.

zilog6128

Cool! I will keep an eye on his website for the New York thing, there’s some great stuff on there. Love the ones where he uses part of the environment like these two:

Drac

Could be that people are getting bored of him so didn’t buy them.

Dickyboy

like the fact that people who liked it for what it was bought it, personally I wouldn’t have wanted any of those canvasses & none too keen on his style anyway, just like the humour used in the work

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

It was a street sale with no mention of Banksy. Even if you knew his work you’d question buying from an old bloke in the street.

zilog6128

^^^ exactly – highly unlikely that whoever bought them had any idea what they really were. Although, having them printed on canvases takes them completely out of context so it’s not something I’d want hanging on my wall.

CountZero

Saw it on the news, I can understand why people walked past, practically every street seller has Banksy knock-offs for sale, the only give-away could be the fact they are genuine spray-paint paintings, not ink-jet photos on canvas.
    Wouldn’t have minded several of the rat ones, I always find those amusing.

choppersquad
    Free Member

I was bought a nice book of all his “art” for Christmas. You really do have to admit that as statements, his stuff is hard to ignore. I love the way he mixes humour with serious messages. Beats the hell out of half a sheep in formaldahide or a messy bed.

samjgeorge86
    Free Member

It’s unlikely the people that bought these have even seen this video yet, so probably still don’t know what they actually have.
    I’m a fan of Banksy, think he has a great style. I would like to say I think I would have bought one. But again, being there at the time, seeing an old bloke selling them off a wire framed stall, I would be a little dubious. Bloke who bought 4 is sat on close to £100k now though surely?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Banksy art for sale… not many takers lol’ is closed to new replies.