Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Bankrupt and other bike on ebay
  • juan
    Free Member

I know they are probably very tatty, just wondering if they are actually SSC bikes? You know from the manufacturer to the comsumer?
    I have seen that:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BANKRUPT-26-WHEEL-15-MATT-BLK-SARACEN-MTB-BIKE-FRAME_W0QQitemZ170405321031QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_sportsleisure_cycling_bikeparts_SR?hash=item27acf2d947
    And that
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Kinesis-Alloy-16-5in-MTB-Frame-in-brushed-silver_W0QQitemZ360207592079QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_sportsleisure_cycling_bikeparts_SR?hash=item53de0baa8f

I know that for the smae amount of money I could get a second hand on-one but looks liek no one's wife want to sell hers.

Just wondering if anyone bought one.

scaredypants

I don't think they'll be tatty – IME/IMO

I've had wheels & stuff from that guy in the past – they were exactly as described (pleasant surprise, I had a sneaky feeling they might only just meet the descriptions but they were bang on and pretty decent stuff)

tthew

Nice. No reason why the Kenisis one should be tatty, it's listed as new. The only thing I've noticed is that the Saracen one doesn't look to have disk brake mounts. Cheap though.

juan
    Free Member

disk mount isn't going to be an issue as this project is likely to be V brakes.
    And I thought the kinesis was tatty because it's a stickerless frame but thanks for you input guys
    XXXXX

juan
    Free Member

disk mount isn't going to be an issue as this project is likely to be V brakes.
    And I thought the kinesis was tatty because it's a stickerless frame but thanks for you input guys
    XXXXX

0091paddy
    Free Member

do a search Juan, some people had pictures of that Kinesis frame built up. Looked good!

kaya
    Free Member

Juan if you search retro bike there are a fair few people who have bought the saracen's and if your happy using a 80mm ish suspension fork then they are perfect. Even the paint is super tough, Also Saracen almost all ways used nice tube sets, Ive had saracen for about 15 years. Its seen many different builds but the one thing after every ride that is the same is the smile on my face……..BUY ONE NOW you know it makes sense 😉

juan
    Free Member

lol at kaya
    Not really after a retro bike. More a cheap frame/frok combo to build a bike for the SO for Xmas if I can get one on budget.
    That is why the saracen bikes from BANKRUPT are very attractive 😉

kaya
    Free Member

Juan I was only suggesting looking on retro bike for piccies of finished bikes, As quite a few people on there have them. As for as the links you posted I think any of the frames would make a good starting point for a nice light hardtail. 8)

juan
    Free Member

kaya just had a look on retro bike and there is so very nice restorations.
    Not sure I'll have the time or the will to go to such extend, but it's nice to knwo that 😉

hilldodger
    Free Member

Juan, there's 'Handsome Dog' V brake/disc frames going pretty cheap here
    may be of interest…..

tinsy
    Free Member

the Kinesis you linked is also badged as a Dirty Jo, and its the same frame as the Handsome Dog and also the Brand X sold by CRC.. nice frames as it happes, but I would take the Kinesis tubing bit with a pinch of salt to be honest… I had the Dirty Jo one and it was a lovely frame to ride, way way better than the price suggests, availiable as tripple butted or not quite so light.

TimP
    Free Member

Juan

What size On-one you after? I have a 16" "that blue" 456 which I am about to sell. Too big?

Mail me for details if you are interested

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

You just missed out on the chance to buy a lovely Retro bike from RubeBoy. Great bike but a bit tatty.

Also, I have a spare bike in my garage that someone left behind once. Might be able to flog you that.

juan
    Free Member

LOL at WCA.
    Well for the spare bike I did told rich that he could use it if he needed to as he was looking for a bike to ride for a STW ride.
    Tim I am after a 14" as the bike isn't for me.
    I might just get tempted buy the bankrupt ones.

tinsy
    Free Member

oops, sorry the kinesis frame is the same as this Handsomedog, not the one hilldodger had linked.
    http://www.allterraincycles.co.uk/product/101739.html

jaun I would go for any of them but the kinesis one on the bay, either the DJ or the Hansomedog just because the bike would look a lot nicer with decals on the frame.

wenanwhere
    Free Member

Hi, wondered how you knew that the handsomedog and the kinesis were the same frame, looking at both as options so would be interested?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

bear in mind saracen have made some utter crap in recent years, I wouldnt touch it with a brage pole! Its unlikely to be a 15 year old clumbus framed classic, more likely a hi-ten bike shaped object.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Bankrupt and other bike on ebay’ is closed to new replies.