Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Bank recommendations please [inc Santander rant]
  • Podium
    Free Member

Firstly,for anyone considering banking with Santander,do yourself a favour and stay well clear!
    I am having a complete nightmare with them at the moment with my Zero credit card [long story]
    Charges appearing in my bank statements which can't be explained…
    This week I paid a wad of cash in at my local branch,double checked the transaction slip and noticed the daft woman has short changed me by £50! When I pointed out that i had given her £50 more she said "oh,yes you did,didn't you"
    Normally when they count the money they give you a verbal confirmation of the total.
    She didn't.
    What really irked me is that there was no hint of an apology,just the robotic look/reply!

If I hadn't double checked I would be £50 down.Grrr.
    Would you guys put in a formal complaint or carry on about your business? If she had been human and showed any sort of concern for the error I would have moved swiftly on…
    Her whole aura makes me wonder if it was a one off…

Anyway,as per title i'm looking for glowing bank recommendations.Or is that a contradiction in terms.

TIA.

gusamc
    Free Member

strangely just been doing banking for tax return

A + L – tossers

Intelligent Finance – done very well, e,g interest certificate awol – IF – certainly sir, hang on a mo, right X, Y, Z. A+L, we can't do that right now, you can request one via the website for £10….

been with IF about 10 years, no probs ever

ratadog

I switched from Barclays (Aaaaaaaargh) to First Direct about 15 years ago and have nothing but praise.

teagirl
    Free Member

Switched from HSBC (after 31yrs) last December to Co-op and no problems and it's online and through the local post office. Suits me!

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

First Direct user for >10 years, no problems at all in that time. Everything apart from mortgage with them, but currently they seem to have some good deals. Savings rates are crap, but then whose are not at the moment. Over the counter bankinng can be done via HSBC branches.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I left HSBC while at uni because they were dicking around. Moved to Nat West and they've been fine ever since. Couple of mistakes along the way but they've always been sorted out swiftly and with minimum agro.

john_drummer
    Free Member

I've been with Natwest for over 20 years. No complaints

I have a deposit account with Santander (was Abbey). Useless bunch of bananas, especially the Shipley branch.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Bank recommendations please [inc Santander rant]’ is closed to new replies.