• This topic has 19 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by NZCol.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Bank of SO Brownie Point balances..
  • jimster01

How long do you remain in credit with the SO?

For instance over the Xmas period I hung a mural, sorted out a couple of jobs in a day as opposed to weeks, and generally kept the “To Do List” to a minimum.

Okay, I haven’t been out on the bike too much during this period, so it has been quite easy to keep the list down.

My question is, what is the general consensus for “Brownie Points” to be valid for?

the-muffin-man

My question is, what is the general consensus for “Brownie Points” to be valid for?

About 15 minutes!

After that any brownie points not redeemed are invalid. You need to strike as soon as approval is given.

IHN

Being in the bad books is for life, brownie point are for Christmas.

sbob
    Free Member

Mumsnet is that way ———>>>

MoreCashThanDash

I’m in significant deficit already this year, having had the temerity to buy myself a bike from the money that was in my own “bike fund” account, as well as use said fund to pay for an LBS service and a tyre to replace the one that blew apart on New Years Eve.

Compounded by agreeing to go to the National Track Champs with a mate which requires her to be in two different places, 20 miles apart, within 30 minutes of each other for kids activities.

My bad, as I believe they say these days

jimster01

About 15 minutes!

Ah, overdrawn again… 🙄

matt_outandabout

I am encouraged to head out and ride/walk/canoe – I am a less grumpy_oab for it.
    She also reserves the right to attend for her own adventures.
    We don’t really do brownie points…

martinhutch

Getting N+1, so am currently heavily in deficit, but have worked out a tentative repayment plan which involves DIY, cleaning, and taking her to the New Forest.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Minutes if not seconds – today for example I was awoken to the news that as we’d run out of Laundry Liquid yesterday, and by unhappy coincidence we’d run out of clean PJs for the littlest one.

I took from the tone of the conversation that whilst perhaps not my fault, per se, I shouldn’t push it but it was very much my problem.

So, I got up a bit earlier – marched to the shops, whilst only pausing to defrost her Windscreen on the way, returned with some fresh surf – put the washing on, then at lunchtime – left the office, swung past another shop to buy nappies (they didn’t have them in local shop) return home, move clothes from washer to dryer – pour lunch down my neck and rush back home.

For reference, I work 3 miles from home, my Wife works, and I’m not making this up – 300 metres away, when she’s in the office anyway.

I wouldn’t ask for Brownie points, that would be a mistake – as I would be reminded, nay told that it was equally my responsibility – but I did ask if she’s collect the eldest one on the way home as well as the youngest so I could go straight to the gym – she said yes happy days – those points wouldn’t have survived the night.

hot_fiat

An evening. I can offset brownie points against sparkly points which are awarded against me for misdemeanors. Excahnge rate is pretty much 1:1. Its roughly 100 sparkly points to a Tiffanys visit.

MoreCashThanDash

taking her to the New Forest

Is that the new version of a trip to Centre Parcs? 😐

bensales
    Free Member

jimster01 – Member
    How long do you remain in credit with the SO?

I think I managed about half a day after our second date.

That was 17 years ago.

growinglad
    Free Member

Is that the new version of a trip to Centre Parcs?

🙂

captmorgan
    Free Member

Strange I’ve had 3 BJ’s in the bank for the last five years, no sign of any chance of withdrawal or interest and simply a cold stoney stare when I suggested I withdrew from a different branch….

donald
    Free Member

You need a hole in the wall for that.

choppersquad
    Free Member

I fitted a kitchen for Mrs Squad about six months ago, and as far as I can gather, she’s so chuffed with it I can now do whatever I want for the rest of my life.

nickdavies
    Free Member

You need a hole in the wall for that.

😆

TiRed

Credit? What is this credit that you speak of? The Rapha Festive 500 will be brought up for at least 10 years. Despite doing much of the cooking, most of the washing and a little cleaning over the same period for balance.

The bike count did grow by +2 during 2016 though, some of which I think was based on pity. 2017 will not be so easy!

Edric64
    Free Member

If you need brownie points I suggest a divorce .Why would you need to curry favour with your partner? Or do you live at home are 15 and it’s with your mum ?

NZCol

My wife is awesome, so far in the diary is a boys ski weekend in Morzine (4 days..), a weeks road biking in Majorca and a 4 day bikepacking trip on the NCT in N Scotland. She gets to do her thing, i get to do mine, we do stuff together. That’s how it works.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Bank of SO Brownie Point balances..’ is closed to new replies.