Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Bank of Scotland Android app users – cheque scanning?
  • scruffywelder
    Free Member

Has anyone managed to successfully scan a cheque with the personal banking Android app?

I’ve tried numerous times and never succeeded. I’m using a Samsung galaxy A5 (2017).

When I try to take the photo of the cheque it dicks about in an endless loop of “move up”, “move left”, “hold flat and level”, “move down”, “move right”, “hold flat and level” and NEVER takes the bloody photo…

First world problems and all that but god it’s annoying!

Anyone got any ideas?

DickBarton

Yes, one out of two has worked. Second failed but photos looked clear and good. It was for 19p so I assume was too little.

Caher

The Lloyds one works fine but had teething problems such you describe. Seems to prefer typed cheques as opposed to hand written ones.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    grumpysculler
    Free Member

I’ve paid in about 6 cheques this year, through the BoS app, and they’ve all worked fine.

Dark background, phone has to be pretty level and it all seems to just work.

Just as well. The buggers closed all the branches!

fossy

Lloyds one here. Took quite a few goes.
    Put cheque on darker background

scruffywelder
    Free Member

Tried reinstalling and tried it again on a black background. No joy 🤨

It’s a handwritten cheque so I’ll probably have to wait until I sell something through the local auction to see if it works with printed ones.

Luckily I put a cheque surcharge on all my invoices (with a note instructing customers to deduct it if paying by BACS) to cover some of the cost of messing about going in to town to pay it in (taking me away from paying work) but it’s still a pain in the arse…

Doesn’t help that the paying in machines seem to hate me too 🙁

scotroutes

I pay in 2 or 3 every month with the App. never fails.

Contrasting background.

Good light.

Hold flat.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Bank of Scotland Android app users – cheque scanning?’ is closed to new replies.