Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 64 total)
  • Bank Holiday ride plans
  • ajantom

I’m off out for a 150km ride around East Devon tomorrow morning.
    The wife and her parents will probably be watching proceedings, but I have little interest.
    I’m assuming the roads will be nice and quiet 🙂

What are your plans, Or will you not be riding?

weeksy

417 flyup. Along with 6 rapid teens kicking my arse all day.

thepurist

Banking on quiet roads to try a 100k route I normally wouldn’t bother with.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    flyingpotatoes

Out in the morning for maybe 20 miles depending on fitness. Should be nice and quiet.

mrchrist

Big loop round NE Snowdonia in the am. Always quiet there.

jeffl

Loop out into the Peak District on the hardtail.

tomhoward

Finally taking the hardtail out on local trails.

Ambrose

Taking the dog around Brechfa.

cogglepin

3 to 4 hour early morning road ride, might need the long tights on if it’s as cold as this morning.

MoreCashThanDash

As far as I can tell Hassop Station is the only cafe in Derbyshire open tomorrow, so I’m thinking of a 70 mile road ride via Chatsworth. Reckon the A6 will be quieter than usual.

fettlin

Mrs F and myself will probably go for a bimble around the lanes near home. Not far as she’s only just starting bike riding, but quite enjoyable.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Might try and do a longish strict zone 2 in the Peak District. God knows how, as it looks utterly impossible with all those gorgeous climbs to try and clean.

rOcKeTdOg

picnic ride as every cafe and most pubs shut, tomorrow is the day to try a few cheeky footpaths i reckon

Tracey

Final fettle of bikes and camper tomorrow ready for our trip to Finale and South East France later in the week.
    Hoping to get a ride out in eldest daughters Evo5. Bought in an online Japanese auction in April and now registered and home.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Haven’t been out the FS for ages & the gravel bike is becoming boring, so, somewhere bumpy.

tenfoot

Full sus ride early doors. Dog walk after that with Mrs T, and then I plan to get my Arkose back up and running. It just needs the new mech I bought for it putting on, and a new chain.

augustuswindsock

Some of the ‘ard moors trails without the price tag.
    I think it’s what her majesty would have wanted!!

jimmy748

Not sure yet, spent today at Staunton, Purbecks along the costal paths I think, either that or Puddletown.

integra

Nice little fifteen mile off-road loop from home with three or four pubs involved 🍻

stingmered

Classic Peaks ride out of Hayfield, Kinder, Jacobs, Chapel, Roych etc… I suspect it will be busier than I imagine (or would like!)

crazy-legs

Done my ride already but I’m on the other side of the world so it’s Monday afternoon and also not a Bank Holiday anyway!

ajantom

Done my ride already but I’m on the other side of the world so it’s Monday afternoon and also not a Bank Holiday anyway!

I thought somebody(else) was up early!

I’m having a leisurely coffee – well as leisurely as is possible when 2 kittens keep attacking your feet – and I’m off out in 15 mins.

Happy riding all 🙂

ruggerbugger13

Off for a local loop(30miles ish), then back to bed before covering the night shift this week.

kerley
    Free Member

Gentle ride today as overdone as got two mid week rides in (Tuesday and Thursday) and then two longer rides on Saturday and Sunday so my old legs are feeling it (the signs of ageing)

singlespeedstu

Heading out shortly to ride over the Pico del Veleta then back down the other side of the mountain the off-road way.

richardkennerley

Just sat looking out the window at the pissing rain for now, but once I’ve got enough coffee in me I’ll be heading to rivington for a few hours. Not overly adventurous, but I’m still finding new (to me) trails up there and I can be back in time to take the little one out for a ride to the park this pm 👌

Watty

A couple of hours on the road with significantly more clothes on than yesterday!

grahamt1980

Just going to be a gentle one with the boy at chicky later.
    Off for a swim and paddleboard to avoid the proceedings this morning

neila

I’m going for a few hours of mixed surface exploring/bimblage on the gravel bike around the Dursley and Stroud area. I’ll take some snacks for a picnic somewhere.

Kryton57

This is day 4 of some heavy training for me, so with already aching legs it’s 2hrs road z2 around the Essex borders in a bit.

duncancallum

trying to summon up the motivation but after a week of driving my backs creasing me and I’m limping about. so just having a brew etc and then will see if I can be arse

think will go out just not sure how far!

easily
    Free Member

I wasn’t planning a ride, but it’s a matter of principle now isn’t it? Maybe 25km just to keep my legs warm.

tonyd

About to head out for an 80km explore on the new gravel machine. Have a great day folks.

winston
    Free Member

Off to Friston Forest for a quick blast – hopefully all the normal dog walkers are monarchists!

martinhutch

Peeing it down here, but just found out the climbing wall is open! <tuts at the disrespect>

seadog101

Plumber’s coming to service the boiler, been booked in since well before HMTQ shuffled off.
    Thankfully he’s no monarchist either.
    No time for ride plans once he’s finished, so a bit of bike tinkering to do and a session on the turbo and treadmill in the garage.

MoreCashThanDash

Absolutely shocking nights (lack of) sleep last night so currently feeling shit on the sofa with the funeral on in the background.

Hoping to perk up later for a disappointingly short pootle.

fazzini

Going out later to ‘find’ a route I couldn’t find first time. (Off out for a walk with the Mrs soon.) It shouldn’t have been difficult, but it was. Oh, its not like its hidden the depths of the valleys, or skirting the contour lines of the hills and mountains…its an urban off-road, supposedly waymarked route 😂

slowoldman

Met Office says light cloud 13% chance of rain. It’s chucking it down. I’m staying in.

vmgscot

Finally got our 2022 summer holiday under way so biking will be mostly hot dry dusty desert

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 64 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.