Bands/artists you wish you had seen in there prime .

Home Forum Chat Forum Bands/artists you wish you had seen in there prime .

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 82 total)
  • Bands/artists you wish you had seen in there prime .
  • Premier Icon oldfart
    Subscriber

Seeing Noddy Holder on telly today reminded me i just wished i had seen Slade around 71 – 72 .They played in the Bishops Barn in Wells in Somerset , i was old enough can't remember why i didn't go .Would have been a right raucous night i reckon .
    Got me thinking about others .Should have seen Joe Strummer when he played solo in Bridgwater mate of mine hummed and haaed we didn't go Joe died a few months later .Queen around the time of 7 seas of rye ,Jethro Tull, Family .Faces ,Nazareth ,Alex Harvey ,Mott the Hoople.
    I'll stop now !Did see Roy Wood a few xmas' ago he was brilliant !!!!
    Any regrets out there ?

bassspine

I saw Led Zep at Knebworth in 1979, they were sh1te; I wish I'd seen them when they were still good.

Magazine and Talking Heads.

Tijuana Taxi

Been very lucky to see most of my favourite bands in their prime, but missed out on Springsteen at Wembley around the mid 80's
    Had a ticket, but did my leg in and couldn't make it.

The other one would be Free,just missed them and had to put up with Bad Co
    (only joking, they were rather good)

THEIR not THERE! AAAAAAAAAARGH!

Anyway, luckily enough, I've seen all those I wanted to. Those I'd like to see get back together and tour again, however, well that's a different matter entirely!

Kuco

I turned down to see Queen at Wembley always regretted that. And my brother wouldn't take me to see Pink Floyd doing the The Wall tour as I was to young but did see the Pulse gig 😀

higgo
    higgo

James Brown.

theflatboy

leftfield 🙁

sideshowdave

+1 for Led Zep , i was just born 10 years too late 🙁

Gary_C

Would love to have seen Pink Floyd live,but especially in the Syd Barrett era.

hh45

Nirvana. I was old enough just slow getting into them. Next thing I know he's dead.

The Clash. Too young.

Punk_Drummer

The Cure
    Sisters of mercy
    Dead Kennedys

lister

In rough time order…
    Husker Du
    Joy Division
    Transvision Vamp ( 🙂 see the 80s thread)
    Happy Mondays in the Hacienda
    Stone Roses
    Nirvana

RichPenny

leftfield

Saw them on the R+S tour, was too late even then really. They were great though 🙂

For me there are loads:

Talk Talk, but only the last 2 albums, which they didn't tour at the time.
    Bowie
    Pixies
    Sonic Youth
    Bjork, but I saw her last year and she's still got it.
    Future Sound of London
    Can
    Nick Drake
    My Bloody Valentine
    Bonnie Prince Billy, who I saw but can't remember 😳 and subsequently became a huge fan of

One piece of advice I'd give anyone is if you really love an album, then go see the band on that tour. Nothing worse than seeing someone hoping for them to play older stuff

trail_rat

the specials – but alas i wasnt born till 86 ….

FallOutBoy

Wish I'd had seen Clapton at the Crossroads guitar festival. Got the video (clicky) … not sure anyone got close to him that day.

colnagokid

The Jam, seen Style Council/Weller loads, but never saw The Jam. Others would be The Clash and Pink Floyd, and The Beatles

caledonia

Queen for me, just too young at the time. Saw them last year with Paul Rogers, Good – but not the same 🙁
    Nirvana – Again, too young.

Premier Icon kennyp
    Subscriber

Wish I'd seen AC/DC when Bon Scott was still alive.

bassspine

I'm with Gary_C: Early Floyd were great, The Wall is after that…compare Cirrus Minor or Astronomy Domine with the poorer quality later stuff…

stevious

+1 For My Bloody Valentine

Philby

Another vote for the Jam. Also wish I'd seen the Rolling Stones when they played Roundhay Park in Leeds in the early 1980s. Would also have liked to see Bowie in his prime.

roper

I would have loved to have seen the premier of Beethoven's Symphony No. 9 in D minor, Op. 125 "Choral or Ode To Joy at the Theater am Kärntnertor.

He hadn't been at a performance in public for years and suffered bad ill health. He was also totally deaf at this point and very unpopular with the public. He conducted the performance stood next to the official conductor. He immersed himself in the piece but was out of time. He continued to conduct vigorously when the symphony had finished. One of the singers approached him and turned him round to face the jubilant audience. The same audience which had pretty much given up on him. He received 5 standing ovations for writing one of the best Symphonies of all time.

I would have loved to have seen that performance.

rusty trowel

Saw My bloody valentine around '91,92ish,- lots of white noise and strobes – quite impressive as i wasn't a big fan. The few times i saw nirvana they weren't all that. Not bad, but hardly earth shattering – give me mudhoney instead any day.

GJP

Jedward ?

Haze

Rage Against The Machine

Premier Icon curtisthecat
    Subscriber

Would have loved to see…. Miles Davis
    John Coltrane
    Marvin Gaye
    Curtis Mayfield
    Minor Threat

Premier Icon woody2000
    Subscriber

Probably not a popular choice, but I wish I'd seen Oasis in their pomp.

Almost certainly better than Magnum at St Georges Hall, Bradford Dec '85 😀

The Jam and The Who

SnS

Good post !

Mine (…besides being plenty of the above), would have been Deep Purple around the late 60's early 70's – Around the "Made in Japan" era.

Chris
    (Broken ankle & rather bored)

sc-xc

The few times i saw nirvana they weren't all that. Not bad, but hardly earth shattering – give me mudhoney instead any day.

+100

Mudhoney blew them off the stage. As did Tad. And virtually every other guitar band of that era.

Haze – Member

Rage Against The Machine

Hello Stranger 8)

Bauhaus
    Sex Pistols
    Dead Kennedys
    The Stranglers
    Stiff Little Fingers

CountZero

Bowie, Queen, The Who, Free, Fairport Convention with Sandy Denny, Gabriel era Genesis, Talk Talk.
    I've seen Zeppelin, (Physical Grafitti tour), Pink Floyd, (Dark Side Of The Moon tour), Deep Purple, Fleetwood Mac, Tin Lizzy, Black Sabbath, Mötörhead, The Clash, The Jam, Blondie, Talking Heads, Television, Jethro Tull, ELP, Bjork, Neil Young, Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers, Nils Lofgren, Johnny Thunders, Ian Dury, The Stranglers… 8)

The Smiths. They split when I was 13 so a little to young to go on my own.
    Stone Roses. I know they were shite live but it would of been nice to say i'd seen them live.
    Would love to have seen Johnny Cash live.
    hh45 – Saw Nirvana at the Astoria just before Nevermind went mental, you didn't miss much. They were very tight but like Oasis they were very overrated, imo of course. 😉

THE STONE ROSES

Premier Icon snowslave
    Subscriber

Woodstock. Man.

Chesney Hawks.

Definitely Pink Floyd, 100% I would pay lots (I am talking hundreds, perhaps around £1000) to see them now, even without Syd Barrett.

I was lucky enough to see Queen live at Maine Road (with Status Quo supporting) just after Live Aid and the atmosphere was absolutely electric.

GaryLake

Smashing Pumpkins and +1 for Rage Against the Machine…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 82 total)

The topic ‘Bands/artists you wish you had seen in there prime .’ is closed to new replies.