Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Bands you thought had packed up years ago
  • CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Heh! Redwood! I was at college with Angus.

kiwijohn

The Clean.
    Choirboys

xcgb
    Free Member

Heh! Redwood! I was at college with Angus.

Rob Blackham is very active with a few bands, Goldrush being the main one, they regularly play at my local in Gomshall Surrey

smiththemainman
    Free Member

Big Country just announced a 30 th anniversary tour, sadly less the brilliant Stuart Adamson RIP, but who better to replace him IMHO than Mike Peters of The alarm ,Who has been on the road pretty much constantly with The Alarm in various line ups and solo, since early 80s ,he is probably the hardest worker in the industry.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

he is probably the hardest worker in the industry.

The hardest working man in showbusiness? Oh, I don’t think so.

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

Big Country just announced a 30 th anniversary tour, sadly less the brilliant Stuart Adamson RIP, but who better to replace him IMHO than Mike Peters of The alarm ,Who has been on the road pretty much constantly with The Alarm in various line ups and solo, since early 80s ,he is probably the hardest worker in the industry

Reckon I will be going to one of the gigs then, my daughter is bonkers about Big Country. No idea why, but she has all the albums including all the rareties collection along with the soundtrack one too.
    She listened to my old copy of the Crossing on vinyl and that was it, could be worse because I quite enjoy their stuff as well

plumber
    Free Member

RE Europe

I think of them as pre reforming – poodle hair rocklite for the masses and post reforming with some mighty dark rifftastic rock

don’t like pre but love post

3 great albums post reforming that I play a lot

yes they do festivals cos they can but they tour in their own right, earlier this year academy 2 was as full as i’ve seen it

FWIW

theotherjonv

Just received my Wedding Present monthly news update to find out who’s reformed and supporting them in London.

Question is, will she still be as foxy 20 years on?

I couldn’t resist though. So, I’m seeing the WP in Portsmouth next saturday, and then again in London on Dec 13th supported by The Primitives.

(off to see if I can find my baggy mohair Robert Smith style cardie)

seahouse
    Free Member

i saw Showaddywaddy playing at a fireworks display last friday. 😳

nicko74

Take that, obviously.
    Echo and the Bunnymen
    Hanson – they’re still churning out their mmmmbop(TM), now as a range of bikes.

(IGMC)

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Skunk Anansie – was ratching through my cd collection the other day and found an old cd of theirs. Great stuff.

seven
    Free Member

A HA – apparently doing a farewell tour now, thought they’d gone long ago

JulianA
    Free Member

CountZero – Member

I believe Budgie are back doing stuff.

Yes, I wouldn’t mind seeing Budgie again – but I don’t live in Eastern Europe, Stratford-upon-Avon, Dudley or Australia!

Will check out George Thorogood as well – he’s good!

onewheelgood

The Blockheads

Truly awesome.

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Bands you thought had packed up years ago’ is closed to new replies.