Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • Bands or artists you used to think were crap and you still can't stand..
  • rob2
    Free Member

-1 for radiohead and the smiths :o)

but +100 for Oasis.

Saw them at Whitley Bay Ice Rink and they were sh*t. That was when they were supposed to be good as well!

Prince is interesting as sometimes his stuff is really good (sign o the times, dirty mind) but most of it is utter rubbish.

He was sh*t live too.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

@rob2
    +1 saw him years ago at Wembley Arena though I was a fan I thought it was just pure self indulugence, musical masturbation.

CountZero

Oasis, Manics, Happy Mondays. Actually, pretty much every band that was part of the whole ‘baggy’, ‘Madchester’ scene I thought were crap, and nothing has happened over the years to change that opinion.
    The Manics whole shouty, student-union level Agitprop thing practically brings me out in hives. There are plenty of bands I’m not keen on, but I detest the Manics.

CountZero

Metallica/Diamond Head/Judas Priest/Slayer/Anthrax etc – whole career based on one idea stolen from Diamond Head Black Sabbath.

FTFY

brooess
    Free Member

Metallica/Diamond Head/Judas Priest/Slayer/Anthrax etc – whole career based on one idea stolen from Diamond Head Black Sabbath.

To be fair, Metallica and Slayer (in particular) play a little bit faster than Sabbath 😀

DezB
    Free Member

Millions of em! Pink Floyd is the first that comes to mind

edhornby

Take That. When they first started they were utterly terrible and everyone with any self respect thought they were cheesy shite; now there are loads of people coming out of the woodwork saying ‘liked them all along really’ or ‘they’re good now’

No. You didn’t admit it because they were awful, they are still cheese and you should be ashamed

bigblackshed

The Smiths, Morrisey, Oasis, Blur, anything from the Madchester Scene, (except The Seahorses), Coldplay, Article Monkeys, Kasabian, The Killers, Franz Ferdinand, indie shoe gazey bollocks, Kings of Leon.

I could on, but my blood pressure is rising. Grrrrrrrrr.

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

too many to note down, but the ones I’m thinking just now are belle and sebastian, Iron Maiden, Johnson ACDC, Queen,

athgray
    Free Member

Cream.

donks
    Free Member

Oh sod off the lot of you.. Critical barstards. There’s songs from almost all of the aforementioned that stand up fairly well… Shed seven excluded. It’s all just music really catering for differing tastes,
    I personally like belle and Sebastian and the wife hates it with a passion… She likes tom jones?

duntstick
    Free Member

Petshopboys
    Coldplay

woody21
    Free Member

Beatles

enduroforever
    Free Member

Metallica and scouting for idiots are two of the worst bands ever but the winner by far has to be nickelback

choppersquad
    Free Member

Brooess+1
    Apart from replacing Iggy with Radiohead that list is spot on.

Travis

Oasis – utter tosh… can’t stand them.
    Robby Williams winds me up as well.

The rest I can take it or leave it.

Speeder

I couldn’t say categorically that any proper band, singer or musician is cr@p. I think that anyone has a chance of making some great music and even the truly brilliant ones produce no more than a handful of truly great tracks. The rest are there to fill albums because that’s how we listened to music.

There’s a lot of “how cool am I?” on this thread.

This has to be the worst –

brooess – Member
    Beatles
    Stones
    Led Zeppelin
    Bowie
    Iggy Pop
    Beach Boys
    Velvet Underground
    Elvis
    Queen
    Hendrix

All deeply overrated and could do better IMO

So what would you hold up as the best of the best?

DezB
    Free Member

There’s a lot of “how cool am I?” on this thread.

This has to be the worst –

Judging by that list, its a how clueless am I! Surely no-one can seriously think some of the most innovative artists of the past 40 years “could do better”?

duh

CountZero

bigblackshed – Member
    The Smiths, Morrisey, Oasis, Blur, anything from the Madchester Scene, (except The Seahorses), Coldplay, Article Monkeys, Kasabian, The Killers, Franz Ferdinand, indie shoe gazey bollocks, Kings of Leon.

Is there anything at all that you do like?
    Oasis leave me cold, they do nothing new or innovative, same with Kasabian, and the Madchester thing, like the Mondays, as well, but I can nearly always find something that someone has done that I like.
    Except for the Manics.
    Great tunes, but that shouty bloke caterwauling over the top makes me homicidal.
    There’s never a gun handy when they have a gig near at hand…
    And again I have to agree with DezB re his last post; I look at that list, and the comment at the bottom, and a tiny part of me dies inside.

Speeder

Actually I’ve thought of a group that fits the criteria, some people like them and John Peel was a massive fan but I just think they’re a band that just needs to man up and sack the singer.*

* It’s ironic.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘Bands or artists you used to think were crap and you still can't stand..’ is closed to new replies.