Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Band of Brothers – Whats all the fuss about?
  • theflatboy
    Free Member

montylikesbeer – Member

I have just got it on blu-ray and a drop of that nice surround sound as well as "the big telly" and am blown away by it.

I enjoyed it on regular TV when it came out a few years ago, in high def and surround sound its even better, stick with it I say.

yep agreed – massive screen, bluray and surround sound is pretty breathtaking stuff for BoB.

organic355
    Free Member

yep agreed – massive screen, bluray and surround sound is pretty breathtaking stuff for BoB.

Only got a 40" but its a 200Hz Sony Bravia, which has an amazing picture, just recently got some B&W surround speakers to, must admit some of the scenes on episode 2 had me thinking I was actually getting shelled!!. Wifes only comment was that it was too noisy! 🙄

Northwind

I did think it's a little overrated, people forgive it some fairly hammy and unsubtle scenes because the highlights are so high… Just lately watched it again and I did notice a few more bum notes than I remember. And oh my word, how long and unsubtle is the start sequence? "Here are soldiers emoting. Get used to it". No doubt I'll forget them then next time I watch it the same'll happen 😉 Still brilliant though.

David Schwimmer did seem perfectly cast though, the fact that he can only do one role doesn't matter as long as it's the role he's supposed to be doing.

Jujuuk68
    Free Member

I felt sorry for Hitler in "Downfall". Thats how good a well written directed and acted war film can be.

Ditto with the crew of Das Boot. Not even sure the film needed the final scenes.

hels
    Free Member

I came in late to this show last year and only saw the last few episodes. Thought it was rather good, esp the one with finding the concentration camps. Is it being re-run on council tele ?

hora
    Free Member

Das Boot

Showing what you can do with creativity/imagination and not millions of CGI budgets etc.

I watched Das Boot (rerun) at a cinema in Picadilly years ago. I really did feel uncomfortable and claustrophobic. Genius.

Zedsdead
    Free Member

And you can buy it on Blu-ray in the tin from play.com

Bargain!

Edric64
    Free Member

Das Boot is one of the best films about ww11 the suspense is amazing

mrchrispy

**** ace series.
    best with big telly and lots of sound.
    I actaully got shell shock watching it….wondered the streets 1/2 naked for a week mumbling to myself. well it was either that of the special brew!

clareymorris

Scienceofficer I would be offended, if it wasn't actually true 🙁 (not in my case personally I hasten to add)

SammySammSamm
    Free Member

The heating was leaking, and made most of the upstairs ceiling (old lime plaster) fall down. Must've made one hell of a load bang. Didn't notice, was watching BoB at the time.

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

I hoped the Pacific would be as good as BoB. It isn't. However, after being initially very disappointed with it I stuck with it and have found the last three episodes to be fantastic.

hora
    Free Member

If you want a great anti-war film thats a classic as well; Cross of Iron. Based on a book by Willi Heinrich (good read).

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Sorry Clare – I did so most.

All of us here know you're a special lady. 😀

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Band of Brothers – Whats all the fuss about?’ is closed to new replies.