Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 298 total)
  • BAN TRUMP FROM THE UK PETITION
  • jambalaya
    Free Member

Instead of the debate being about US gun law which is surely the nub of the problem?

Not really, the guns where illegally converted anyway, so new laws will make nomdofferemce as these people ignire the law anyway. That’s what the gun lobby will say.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

the guns where illegally converted anyway

But bought legally I assume? So if true my point is still potentially valid…

Note really opining this – more of an intellectual exercise.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Understood. Trump is no mug, he’s very calculating and his “non PC-ness” is a big part of the appeal.

fasthaggis

Trump is no mug, he’s very calculating

Scott Adams (of Dilbert fame)has a take on that

yunki
    Free Member

NSFW (ish)

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSFZktZNySg[/video]

jambalaya
    Free Member

Interesting indeed @fasthaggis

190,000 signatures (adverts for Trump) now. Below is the list of petitons debated in Parliament in 2015. Just imagine the scale of the PR victory for Trumpmwhen he is debated innthe Biritsh Parliament and they don’t ban him. Its like a massive endorsement 😯

link

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Having read the link on Trump by Dilbert……there’s really nothing new there. If you’ve had any experience in sales it’s quite easy to see through Trump.

He’s full of p1ss & wind & no rational person is going to be taken in by it. Trump may look like he’s ahead in the polls but the actual number of votes he’ll garner are negligible. He has made himself unelectable lately & there is no way the GOP is going to give up a fight before it’s even started. If that means Trump gets the boot then so be it.

Another way of looking at is that maybe the GOP are saying “Lets let Trump spout & fart so when we put up a more reasoned candidate he/she will look ok. And (whisper it) now that Trumps planted the seed of some these more edgy ideas lets see if we can’t sneak them in under a slightly more liberal guise….”

Again just my 2p.

mrsfry
    Free Member

Anything that his name is linked to eg hotels, spas and other businesses will be getting kicked to the kirb by the countries which are mostly muslim or jewish.

Do people not know that he has been bankrupt multiple times and that he is just a name that people buy to stick on the hotels and such.

Good grief America.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

That Dilbert blog is…. astonishing.

yunki
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KU_Jdts5rL0[/video]

konabunny
    Free Member

Scott Adams (Dilbert) has a track record of bellendery.

Do people not know that [Trump] has been bankrupt multiple times

No, he hasn’t.

Junkyard
    Free Member

He has never been declared personally bankrupt only a number of his companies or ones that bore his name/brand.

Leku
    Free Member

I do wonder if he actually wants to be President. Maybe it was “I’ll stick my hat in the ring, get loads of publicity, then piss off’, and it has got out of hand. Now is trying to bale on the whole thing by saying increasingly stupid things.
    Being President would get in the way of his golf (which I suspect he cares more about)..

bearnecessities

I must have some kind of lazy/broken brain issue, because I keep seeing this thread title as BAN TRUMP FROM THE KITCHEN.

zanelad
    Free Member

Can’t we have one petition to ban everything?

It would save a lot of time.

GrahamS
    bikebouy
    Free Member

290k votes so far…

hels
    Free Member

The petition is daft, it is like fighting stupid with stupid. The only winner is, well, stupid.

chewkw
    Free Member

Has he played his Trump card? 😆

What’s with this petition?

Can we petition this and that please… 😆

Cougar

I’ve just heard he’d pulled out of golf course development in Argyll, citing fears about the radical Mullah Kintyre…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Cougar – Moderator
    I’ve just heard he’d pulled out of golf course development in Argyll, citing fears about the radical Mullah Kintyre…

GavinB

lol @Cougar 🙂

GrahamS

I see Katie Hopkins hasn’t managed to squeeze enough publicity juice out of this yet, so she is now claiming that London IS radicalised and that “a quarter of the population here in the U.K. are right behind Donald Trump”.

🙄

(deliberately not providing a link)

bencooper
    Free Member

That sounds like a threat to me.

Over 420,000 so far.

allthegear
    Free Member

Well, in terms of potential lives lost, the terror suspects returning from Iraq/Syria are probably less dangerous…

Rachel

wwaswas

Good grief.

chewkw
    Free Member

allthegear – Member

Well, in terms of potential lives lost, the terror suspects returning from Iraq/Syria are probably less dangerous…

Rachel

Really? In what sense? 😯

allthegear
    Free Member

Yes, chewkw, I stand by that.

So called “islamic terrorism”, with the exception of 9/11, has killed what, a few dozen people in the last few years? It’s nothing, not even noticeable, compared to general gun crime in US.

A Trump Presidency will lead to such things as worse healthcare, worse equality and worse income for the lower, more marginalised sections of society – it will kill many, many more than terrorists ever did.

Rachel

cranberry
    Free Member

The petition is daft, it is like fighting stupid with stupid. The only winner is, well, stupid.

^^^^ That!

it amounts to:

“Trump” Trump in order to show that our morals trump Trump’s

allthegear
    Free Member

Well, if you read the full text of the petition, it’s asking for there to be consistency in the banning orders, not “trumping Trump”.

If someone is spreading messages that this country deems unacceptable, they should be unacceptable no matter who is saying them.

Rachel

slowoldman

So called “islamic terrorism”, with the exception of 9/11, has killed what, a few dozen people in the last few years? It’s nothing, not even noticeable, compared to general gun crime in US.

The annual gun homicide rate perpetrated mostly by Americans on Americans of around 30000 is massive even compared to the horrific events on 9/11.

konabunny
    Free Member

I am fully in favour of dangerous and violent extremists who have been active in Iraq or Syria being arrested upon their return to the UK.

wwaswas

From Katie Hopkins latest DM column;

*reaches for mind bleach*

RustySpanner

Rachel, it’s not a few dozen, sadly.

Some facts and figures here. Terrorism -The Guardian

konabunny
    Free Member

Is that supposed to be “imagining” rather than “imaging”? Or does she really mean that she and trump could be run through a photocopier while shouting in the rain? Does she or anyone else read her stuff before it’s shoved up on the web?

allthegear
    Free Member

Rusty – whether it’s correct to call many of those terrorism or more likely civil war is debatable. In any case, I was talking of the terrorism in EU/US.

If we’re going to include all mentioned in your article, then we also have to include all warfare, including that dished out by our own armed forces.

RustySpanner

I don’t think the victims would be particularly bothered with semantics tbh Rachel.

chewkw
    Free Member

allthegear – Member

Yes, chewkw, I stand by that.

Gun crimes usually related to drugs me think with the exception of few trigger happy cops. Therefore, if they are drugs related then it’s just part of naturally evolution really.

I cannot see the reason for linking gun crimes to Trump as Merican has been shooting their way through the history so why change?

A Trump Presidency will lead to such things as worse healthcare, worse equality and worse income for the lower, more marginalised sections of society – it will kill many, many more than terrorists ever did.

Rachel

Is NHS linked to Merican healthcare system? I am afraid good or bad that is their decision is it not?

Also Merican kicked your backside long time ago to reject your value so you want to instill yours on them again?

What’s with this fascination about death? Human like to cull each others that is the fact. Death is everywhere around us so what’s this trying to make people live forever … how do you feed them? They are going to eat all the entire planet dry and the endangered animals to extinction.

allthegear
    Free Member

I was meaning the US healthcare system – I never mentioned the NHS

Also – WTF are you on about in that last para? You’re happy for people to cull each other????

Rachel

wwaswas

Rachel – I’d ignore chewkw – no good comes of engaging…

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 298 total)

The topic ‘BAN TRUMP FROM THE UK PETITION’ is closed to new replies.