Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Baldies thread
  • Amos
    Free Member

Ok so finally retired the some what diminishing hair, been clippering it grade one for a while decided to now razor it. I am now getting a bit if rash at the back of the old nogging so was wondering if any one has any tips on shaving their head and any good shaving gel/ soap I should be using?

tommid
    Free Member

I just remove the guard and go a close as I can without Bic’ing it. Then just use head and shoulders to keep it moisturised and stop any dandruff.

skeetsgb
    Free Member

I just remove the guard and go a close as I can without Bic’ing it.

same here, i got a rash by bic’ing it, but i find that method to be alot better, also do my face same time, saves shaving it lol

Same here with the clippers – no guard, face twice a week, head once a week.

thomthumb
    Free Member

headblade razor and headblade lubes etc 😯

according to my baldy brother.

vorlich
    Free Member

I HATE shaving mine. I wish it would just go Duncan Goodhew and be done with it.

Have been giving the Bic some thought myself, anything to extend the time I can go between cuts.

Amos
    Free Member

Yeah my mistake meant to say been using no guard not number one, like bicing it, well mrs does!

flap_jack
    Free Member

use Gillette 5 blade, and do it whilst in the bath.

MRanger156
    Free Member

I used to get a bad rash when I wet shaved my face but switched to Wilkinson Sword razer which was must better than the Mach 3 I was using at the time (4+ years since my last wet shave though).

CheesybeanZ

been shaving in the shower every day with a gillette sensor for about
    12 years , its about time it all fell out .

tazzymtb

Veet for the win

Amos
    Free Member

Mrs has threatened the wax actually

monkeychild
    Free Member

Wahl balding clippers are what you need. Without a guard on its almost as close as bicing it.

Dickyboy

I don’t get it, why do baldies feel the need to close shave off their remaining hair. Speaking as one, I keep my hair cropped short & appreciate the limited warmth it gives me – but to go to the extra effort of close shaving, doesn’t make you look any less middle aged & bald so why bother with the extra effort?

Squidlord
    Free Member

I don’t do it often, but my wife finds it sexy. That’s reason enough.

jackoinmoss
    Free Member

Can’t cope with anything closer than clipper with gaurd off. I never seem to get it short enough to stop it acting like hat velcro and collecting jumper fluff.

Carbone
    Free Member

I wet shave both chins n bonce everyday with a gillette sensor II and Parmolive cream (sometimes twice if I’m going on a night out) I must be lucky as I’ve never suffered from rashes etc , I even go against the grain , I just hate stubble and always feel a lot cleaner afterwards. I do get some strange looks when camping with a full head of lather rasping away .

slimjim78
    Free Member

close cut with clipper guard off for me. I find women tend to love rubbing the stubble.
    wife doesnt though.

mooman
    Free Member

I try to razor once a week – otherwise its the clippers 1st then razor.
    Been doing it so long now – its about time the hair admitted defeat and gave up the battle altogether!
    ….that said. There seems to be more desertions at the back and sides nowadays..

Squidlord
    Free Member

I wet shave both chins

Me too, I really must lose weight this year.

molgrips
    Free Member

I went to 0.5mm by accident a short while ago, stubble on headrests and chair backs was rather uncomfortable to be honest. This might be the cause of your rash? I know if I close shave my beard it irritates a lot if something rubs it.

zokes
    Free Member

…sorry! 🙂

seizednuts
    Free Member

I use ordanary soap and shave twice a week, no rash no problems.
    I cant use anything with more than three blades as they block up to easy and you spend all your time rinsing out hair from between the blades.
    I cant stand hair on my head any more. About three days growth is all i can take.
    Bold is the new sexy!!

Shine on brother 😆

smartay

A picture is worth a thousand words!!
    Friend of mine used a razor once, looked like he’d been dragged through some brambles, clipppers now I think

zippykona

Why not have a comb over revival. They always looked so stylish and no one could ever tell.
    Gentlemen rejoice that we are baldies now and not in the 70s.
    Cleverer people than i could post some nice comb over pictures for younger listeners.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Baldies thread’ is closed to new replies.