Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Bah. Broke my phone!
  • Harry_the_Spider

Dropped my phone (again) and this time the damage would appear to be terminal.

Luckily it was a cheapo Moto E7.

Before I buy another cheapo Moto E7 is there anything else out there at a similar sort of cheapo price point that I should consider?

duncancallum

Looked at giff gaff phones do refurbs

retrorick

Look at xaiomi or Poco offerings. Then choose one that fits your price point.

Caher

I was a MotoG fanboy but took a punt on a pixel 4a and it’s much much better. I won’t spend more than 500 on a phone.

matt_outandabout

Do you have a case and glass screen protector?

I drop my phone’s regularly, but they don’t break….

CountZero

I’ve been using iPhones since the 3G – dropped several, but never, ever broken one, even my month-old 5, which I dropped onto a steep tarmacced road with lots of loose chipping, and watched it cartwheel end over end a number of times. Barely a mark on it, due to having a basic clear gel-type case and screen protector on it.

My 11 Pro Max has the same, as will my 14 Pro Max when it arrives, about £20 protection on a £1500 phone, but it works.

Does help that the cases I use have a lanyard attatchment point, so it can’t accidentally slip out of a pocket, and it’s something to grip if taking photos at gigs or festivals as well, or any activity.

leffeboy

What sort of screen protector stopsthe screen from cracking?

Harry_the_Spider

Been living with a cracked screen for ages. Bits of glass have started falling out and it blacks out periodically. A repair will cost as much as a new phone.

Will go for another <£120 Moto I think. And a case.

matt_outandabout

And a case.

And glass screen protector.

I don’t do particularly posh ones – usually a few quid on eBay or £10 from my local mobile emporium place.

IvanDobski
    Free Member

Realme Pro 9, had the 7 and it was so much better than the Pixel 6 Pro which I replaced it with.

longdog
    Free Member

Blackview 5900 works for me. Big battery, rough tough, waterproof and cheap. Got to say though the photos are not a patch on the moto g’s (8?) my son and wife have.

smokey_jo

Pixel 4 refurbs are available for £150 nowadays

johnners
    Free Member

Will go for another <£120 Moto I think. And a case.

I’m shocked that you’ve disregarded the £300+ suggestions on favour of going for what you actually said you wanted. And a case.

Looks like you could pick up another E7 for less than £100 on Amazon with enough change for a case. BTW, unless you put your phone in your pocket with your keys I’d not bother with a screen protector.

cookeaa

I recently ended up getting a Moto G31 after This Thread for ~£150 off that there evil amazon.

I’m moderately impressed with it TBH, minimal Bloatware, quick and powerful enough for my use with an OK camera and pretty strong battery life.

I’m not keen to have another Samsung ever again and Sony Who I’d been keen on previously seem to be asking a bit much for rather average phones with rather weak batteries IMO, I mulled Nokia who have become a similar VFM Android phone brand

There seem to be a lot of Moto phones with a new one every 6 months (They’re owned by Lenovo now aren’t they). Personally I reckon just get something released as recently as possible, that has the features you want to ensure it’s got a bit more support for the next couple of years, but I wouldn’t throw more than a couple of hundred quid at a phone now.

Harry_the_Spider

G31 is now £119. Think I’ll give that a go.

The prospect of spending much more just doesn’t compute with me. Each to their own eh?

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Using a G31 bought 3 weeks ago for 119

Good phone….. brilliant phone for the money.

cookeaa

Well now I feel like I got diddled out of £30 🙂

Blackview 5900 works for me. Big battery, rough tough, waterproof and cheap. Got to say though the photos are not a patch on the moto g’s (8?) my son and wife have.

Same here for work. It’s bombproof and she’s a reasonable job of being a smartphone. Prefer it to the Motorola G7+ (think that’s the model). Have a Galaxy S22 Ultra for best though

Harry, I think the Motorola is kicking about somewhere unused and in pretty decent nick if you want it foc?

Harry_the_Spider

@theartistformerlyknownasstr

Wow! That’s very kind of you.

@Harry_the_Spider no worries pal, I’ll try and dig it out later and drop you a message

edhornby

There’s a stall on Radcliffe market that does repairs, you could try him and drink beer in the market bar while you’re at it

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.