Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Baggies with decent liner for long rides
  • jayx2a
    Free Member

So since losing weight I need some new baggies with a decent liner.

I don’t get on with bibs.

I ordered some singletrack II from wiggle as on offer for £40 and they seemed ok. Issue with click fast though. Removed the liners to try on shorts and when I went to clip them back in a number of the clips just didn’t catch and stay on. This was both pairs!

Also tried some gore undershorts but the silicon grippers made my legs quite itchy.

Seen some other shorts but they only come with what is described as up to two hours riding.

So any other suggestions for decent baggies with a decent liner.

Cheers!

Poopscoop

I use the Decathlon liner people rave about on here. It really is very good. Someone will be along with the model number no doubt.lol

It doesn’t clip into my Humvees but it doesn’t cause me any problems. Actually I like the liner to be completely separate.👍

BadlyWiredDog

I’d just buy some half-decent waist shorts, the DHN Aeron ones are good, and team them with a baggy of your choice. My experience is that the liners supplied with baggies are never as effective as an actual pair of Lycra waist shorts. You tend to pay more for shorts with a decent chamois, but that’s what makes the difference ime.

jonba
    Free Member

My dhb shorts have been good. Light, stretch and a good fit. I wear bibs underneath as you seem to get better bibs than other lycra shorts. People still make roadie lycra that aren’t bibs so they’d do they don’t need to be a system. When I had humvees I never fastened the short and liners together – it doesn’t matter.

joebristol

I have humvee endura shorts and I’ve never bothered to clip the liners in. I’ve come to the conclusion the liners that come with them are ok for short rides but on longer ones they aren’t comfy.

My dhb road shorts (non-bib version) are much more comfy so that’s what I’m tending to use now more of the time.

Also on long rides (if you aren’t using it already) chamois cream is a good thing.

matt_outandabout

I too but different lycra shorts and just wear baggies over.

That said, I’ve a pair of Mavic Crossmax shorts and mesh liners that are noticeably better than most liners.

Fave in the oab_household are Madison road shorts, about half our lycra shorts are the same with names written across the pad!

jimdubleyou

I have humvee endura shorts and I’ve never bothered to clip the liners in. I’ve come to the conclusion the liners that come with them are ok for short rides but on longer ones they aren’t comfy.

This – I usually wear bibs now, but when I was using liners, nothing lines up properly with the liner clipped in. Shorts are good though.

BadlyWiredDog

I’d just buy some half-decent waist shorts, the DHN Aeron ones

Erm , DHB in case it wasn’t obvious 🙁

jayx2a
    Free Member

So are we talking these ones?

https://www.wiggle.co.uk/dhb-aeron-shorts/

Rather than the DHB undershorts:

https://www.wiggle.co.uk/dhb-padded-liner/

Actually just read one says 7 hour pad and the other 2 hour so must be quite different!!!

jayx2a
    Free Member

Tried the decathlon ones and the silicon strip around the legs felt terrible and could feel it irritating my skin straight off. Pain in the ass being allergic to the stuff.

Ended up getting some Endura single track II shorts and liners from wiggle. They worked out cheaper than buying just the liners.

Find the click fast system a bit useless though as you have to adjust both short and liner at same time and was more comfortable without clipping them in.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Baggies with decent liner for long rides’ is closed to new replies.