• This topic has 41 replies, 28 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • Badgers
  • grahamh
    Free Member

Are they stooopid or what..
    One of the buggers tried to take me out!!
    Waddled across the road, stops, looks at me then
    runs back across the road right under my front wheel.

MrNutt
    Free Member

just big rats, not even good eatin’

antigee

kids entranced by animal paramedic rescue on tv tonight – badger attacks medic – twice and medic has to go to hospital – this is following an unholy badger fight in back garden earlier in year they are convinced badgers are very very very very dangerous

druidh
    Free Member

Badgers are tough buggers. Best avoided. Have a look at their jawbone structure some time!

flamejob
    Free Member

Spongebob
    Free Member

Once saw a video of an angry badger that had chased a few people. The Police arrived to try and sort it, but the copper ended up taking refuge on the roof of his car. It was quite a funny scene!

Mat

They should be banned, people have to remember they breed for one thing and one thing only, eating rodents. I should be allowed to walk truffles, my hamster, in the knowledge that he is safe from badger attack 😛

For good measure and nostalgia:
    Badger

shinsplints

flamejobs photo confirms why I refer to my (ex) mother in law as “badger” 😀

Spongebob
    Free Member

LOL! Random video Mat!

Strangelove
    Free Member

I had one that used to visit my back garden in Sheffield. It is quite scary to come home from pub, stagger down the dark alley round the back of the houses to come knee cap to face to a black and white rodent eater. I’m not sure which of us was more scared.
    A couple of days later the little bugger dug up the compost heap and ate the hedgehog that had been living there for two years. 👿

samuri
    Free Member

Badgers are the wildlife equivalent of one of those little short squat blokes who can drink 17 pints and then go out and start a proper fight with the entire military occupancy of a visiting ukranian aircraft carrier out on shore leave and still stagger home to cook a quick fry up before waking up bright and breezy the next morning with not a scratch on him.

Badgers were designed by Chuck Norris when he took over god’s job for a few weeks so God could go on holiday….. to give tazmanian devils something to fight.

They are made for brawling. Heavy thick fur, jaws like a tiger, thick heavy bones, extremely low centre of gravity, claws like a lion, hard as eff.

Avoid. I’ve known hunting dogs to be ripped up good and proper when they’ve cornered a badger.

flamejob
    Free Member

Aren’t all the Tasmanian Devils dead from contagious cancer? Or was that a rumor spread by them to get over the shame of being killed off by Badgers?

druidh
    Free Member

Someone from the local badger watch once explained to me about badger baiting. Basically, a badger is put into a pit with 3 or 4 dogs. Thing is, to give the dogs a chance, the badger will have been beaten with a cricket bat first until it is almost concussed and mibbe has a broken leg or two.

TooTall
    Free Member

Many thanks for the clear image you have presented us with druidh – I really needed my understanding of badger baiting reinforced before the first brew of the day.

pantsonfire
    Free Member

I hit a badger driving down a lane in mid wales at about 40 mph killed the badger but the front of my car was stoved in it looked like I had driven into a lamp post. When I rang the insurance claim line the girl on the phone didnt believe me she thought a badger was about the size of a house cat luckily I had taken plenty of photos as proof

Unfortunately that is the only badger I have ever seen 🙁

Jackass123456789
    Free Member

When I shared a house with some mates one night we were all woken to an all mighty racket in the garden, So we put the outside light on and opened the top part of our rear stable door. There was a badger ripping through our rubbish so we shouted at it (knowing not to go out there) and he stopped turned round and looked at us, grunted and then full on charged at the back door nearly breaking the lower half of the door then was showing his teeth and going mad at us!!

He then suddenly stopped, returned to our rubbish, picked up the Mc Donalds brown paper bag that was in the rubbish and went on his way!!

Badgers don’t just like mash potato they like big mac and fries as well!!

cuckoo
    Free Member

We get some ginger badgers round here.

They seem to bully the black and white ones a bit 🙂

KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

I saw a badger, in the flesh so to speak, for the first time last week. I was on my second ever night ride and it popped its head up from the undergrowth and then trundled across the trail I was riding and disappeared. I was quite impressed. Especially as the only badgers I usually see are dead at the road side.

nickegg
    Free Member

I think they’re cute! I’ve encountered many on night rides around my way as there are alot of Badger sets in the woods here.

They run pretty bloody quick too as i’ve chased a few down bridleways.

I have to say that they also seem to enjoy sleeping beside busy roads, often on their backs! They are asleep right???!

soobalias
    Free Member

see loads round here on night rides,

had one cross the trail about 2″ infront of my wheel, if it had hit me i wouldnt be half so pretty.

woffle
    Free Member

my commute to work takes me through ‘Brock Wood’ I presume named as there’s a couple of setts (sp?) in it – my current record is seeing 8 badgers in less than 1/2 a mile. It’d wouldn’t be so bad if one community weren’t at the bottom of a big hill where I’m usually doing about 25mph – they run up and down the sides of the road like eejits and you’ve no idea what direction they’re going to go in.

not hit one yet though I’m sure it’s only a matter of time.

cuckoo
    Free Member

I sometimes watch them feeding in a friends garden and i felt a bit sorry for them as their eyesight seems really bad, which i guess is why so many get hit on the roads.

By the time you can smell a car coming its too late!

Richyb
    Free Member

I ran one over one on my first solo night ride, pootling along up some wooded singletrack and saw a flash of black and white at the side of the trail, it ran directly between my wheels and the back wheel rode over the top of it. Felt sorry for it, but wasn’t about to stop and ask if it was OK.

Olly
    Free Member

Im shocked at the number of badger haters on STWf!

badgers rock,
    it doesnt take much to slow down or stop to avoid them! (though i realise the daft woodland creature types do have an atraction to that space between the wheels)
    theyre not “on your trail”
    your more than likely on thier trail

hail the badgers!

KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

I agree, Badgers are great, really pleased now i’ve seen one.

A woman I used to work with didn’t think badgers existed and that the ones on TV were actually animatronic Badgers. I couldn’t be bothered to argue. Plus she was seriously trim.

Badgers crop up a lot. On a drunken episode in Prague the lads and I wondered what would happpen if a badger bumped into a skunk and due to its poor eye sight got friendly? A Skadger perhaps?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

where did badgers get a reputation for being cute?

they make fox’s look like a cudly toy!

shinsplints

Badgers are employed by vampires to guide their tombs.

cuckoo
    Free Member

I like the black and white ones but the ginger ones seem a bit too aggressive for my liking (does that make me a badger racist?).

halfbee
    Free Member

they’re cleverer than you think you know…

Drac

They also threaten to sue people if they post too many pictures of them on the internet.

shinsplints

What tyres for a badger bike ? 😆

bigsi
    Free Member

They can’t be that bright,,, its riding a 69er 😉

Was out last night and managed to disturb one at the top of a steep run into some singletrack,,, couldn’t see it fully but the sound was enough for me to know that this wasn’t a place to stop and pick my line 😐

MrNutt
    Free Member

I hate Bagers & foxes, VERMIN I TELL THEE!

will
    Free Member

noteeth
    Free Member

“Leave it, Brock – the human tawts ain’t worth it…”

MrNutt
    Free Member

will I’d love to stove that **** things head in with a spade/pickaxe/etc 😈

noteeth
    Free Member

I’d love to stove that **** things head in

He’d own you.

Crack you like a nutt…

Coyote
    Free Member

As with all of mother nature’s children, badgers are subject to abuse.

http://newsbiscuit.com/article/countryside-alliance-furious-at-ban-on-badger-fisting-487

bigyinn
    Free Member

Will, thats not a badger. Face is too short!

bigsi
    Free Member

I thought it was Brant with a new hair do. 😆 😆 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Badgers’ is closed to new replies.