Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Badger racing
  • eddiebaby
    Free Member

No, not the fantasy F1 site.
    Cycling in yesterday morning I was halfway through my Monday commute at about 11 and was descending from the ridgeway towards Upton. On a quietroadisnsed something to my right and looked down to see an adult badger blasting along and looking sideways at me.
    It didn’tseem too spooked and when I braked to avoid out pacingit, it burst out a bit more speed and veeredacrossme into the hedge. Brilliant start to the day.
    Of course over the years this story will be embellished to include it trying to ambush me with a knife for the contents of my Camelback

matt_outandabout

Pics or it never happened….was it a punishment pass?

Karl33to
    Free Member

“This is what helmet cams were made for”

climbingkev
    Free Member

veeredacrossme….. Best. Word. Ever.

😀

legend
    Free Member

It didn’tseem too spooked and when I braked to avoid out pacingit, it burst out a bit more speed and veeredacrossme into the hedge. Brilliant start to the day.

You hit the brakes, or the badger dropped you after trying to ride behind him?

iamroughrider
    Free Member
    qwerty
    Free Member

You should try beaver baiting sometime 😉

mikewsmith
    Free Member

someone recently told me of when a Wombat cut through a roadie group. Messy.

I was out in Roo territory this weekend, they are scary on the trail 🙂

eddiebaby
    Free Member

matt_outandabout – Member
    Pics or it never happened….was it a punishment pass?

Cynic 🙂

I’m glad I didn’t mention the same trip’s other excitement- the rhino, nuclear sewage or the attack by one of Henrietta Knight’s ducks. Luckily I do have photos of 2 of those events.

mikemorini
    Free Member

I know where Upton is, I know where the nuclear sewage comes from and I’ve kicked one of Henrietta Knight’s drakes up the arse before, but where the hell is the Rhino?

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Between Lockinge and Ginge

mikemorini
    Free Member

Ah got it. Next to Betterton House.

tenfoot

Just got back from a nightride, where a badger ran across the trail in front of us and collided with a tree stump. It made a hell of a thud, but carried on running. Poor little fella. ( or lass, I didn’t ask)

rob2
    Free Member

Funnily enough I was raced by a badger on a night ride on the track from Aston tirrold up to the ridgeway. Perhaps that’s what badgers do ?!

sammy388
    Free Member

I was secretly hoping to find the actual badger races…

eddiebaby
    Free Member

We never talk about them

honeybadgerx

This thread constantly disappoints. I keep awaiting someone to post a video of actual racing badgers, ideally with guinea pigs as jockeys.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Badger racing’ is closed to new replies.