Viewing 24 posts - 81 through 104 (of 104 total)
  • Bad Wiggle Experience with Colnago Bike Frame Cracked
  • wrecker
    Free Member

I reckon the OP noticed the “crack” after his little ride. That’s why he went for the ride and tidied the cables etc.
    Nevertheless, I can understand why he’s annoyed. I very much doubt that it’s cracked due to his actions and if it has, then it’s a shit bike IMHO. I’d also suggest that Wiggle aren’t qualified to make a decision on how the carbon fibre failed. That bike needs to be looked at by Colagno.
    Poor show by Wiggle so far.

RoterStern
    Free Member

Have you tried going direct to Colnago or the UK distributor? I had a similar problem with a certain US boutique frame maker and the importer here was a total knob. I wrote some pretty strong emails and eventually got the response I wanted direct from the US after the importer refused to do anything. Just a thought.

wwaswas

Windwave are just down the road from Wiggle so once Wiggle have it they may be able to get someone to take a look?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    jota180
    Free Member

It’s up to Wiggle to prove it wasn’t faulty

If customers believe that goods hired or purchased from you aren’t as described, fit for their purpose, or of satisfactory quality, they can reject them …………

During the first six months of that period, if the customer is a consumer, you must prove that the goods weren’t inherently faulty.

SOGA
    http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?itemId=1073792602&type=RESOURCES

globalti
    Free Member

Still worth pursuing because Colnago may have had the same problem with others from the same batch.

franksinatra

Whe I got my road bike from wiggle they asked me for inside leg measurement and set up the bike with seat post adjusted to my height.

They were so spot on I’ve never had to move it!

illmtb
    Free Member

The laquer is cracked which is no big deal. The carbon fiber weave itself looks defective. I think the weave bunched up around this area and they tried reworking it. When you run your finger over it you notice a bulge in the frame.

franksinatra

When you run your finger over it you notice a bulge in the frame.

Tried getting my wife to do this last night but she had a headache

illmtb
    Free Member

I contacted the windwave guy. Have not heard anything from him. Looks like they are the UK distributor

http://www.windwave.co.uk/index.html

walleater

Why should Windwave do anything about it? You bought a grey import to save yourself money so Windwave have never been anywhere near the frame? I can’t see why Wiggle would ever source from UK distributors.

Mmmm cheap Chinese carbon with a Colnago sticker on it….The mark up on these frames must be huge!

illmtb
    Free Member

Colnago has contacted Windwave to help sort it out due to wiggles lack of service. I agree this appears to be a box bike and not the quality I expected from Colnago.

I bought a Santa Cruz SL last year that was a Taiwan box bike and haven’t had to touch it.

grum
    Free Member

I know it’s not a big deal but on an expensive bike (or even a cheap one) you’d expect the cables to be installed right. Shows a lack of care/competence that any home mechanic would be ashamed of. And that seat tube slit looks rubbish. Bit daft to ride it but it shouldn’t make any difference IMO.

Kuco

In slight defence of Wiggle when I ordered my frame I enquired where it was as it didn’t turn up when expected and they said they were waiting for some new decals as a couple on the frame were noted to be damaged when it was inspected prior to delivery. But they couriered it next day delivery as soon as the new were decals put on. And they did apologise that I wasn’t informed of the problem.

Hope the op gets his sorted.

wrecker
    Free Member

Why should Windwave do anything about it? You bought a grey import to save yourself money so Windwave have never been anywhere near the frame? I can’t see why Wiggle would ever source from UK distributors.

Mmmm cheap Chinese carbon with a Colnago sticker on it….The mark up on these frames must be huge!

What have you been smoking? Are you accusing wiggle of selling counterfeit goods?

munrobiker
    Free Member

No, he’s saying that this Colnago model is a cookie cutter Chinese frame that costs them tuppence ha’penny rather than a bespoke made in Italy Colnago model.

He’s also saying that this cheap Chinese produced model has been imported by Wiggle themselves, not Windwave.

vinnyeh

No, he’s saying that this Colnago model is a cookie cutter Chinese frame that costs them tuppence ha’penny rather than a bespoke made in Italy Colnago model.

That’d be fraud then wouldn’t it, and completely different to selling oem or grey sourced products.
    Not sure that wall eater should really be accusing wiggle of that.

Anyway, aren’t the frames just ‘finished in Italy’ rather than ‘manufactured in Italy’?

munrobiker
    Free Member

That’d be fraud then wouldn’t it, and completely different to selling oem or grey sourced products.
    Not sure that wall eater should really be accusing wiggle of that.

No, you’ve missed my point, I don’t think I explained it well. The “them” is Colnago, not Wiggle. Colnago have gone to a Chinese factory and said “we want an entry level frame”, the factory have said “We make this” and Colnago have bought several thousand and stickered them up and are selling them as a Colnago bike. Wiggle have then bought one of these genuine Colnagos from somewhere that isn’t windwave, making it a grey import of a genuine bike.

I’m not sure if this is the case, but it’s what walleater is implying.

vinnyeh

ahh, I see.
    Thought Wiggle were being accused of shipping the colnago equivalent of chinarellos. 😳

munrobiker
    Free Member

Yeah, it’s not that sort of thing that’s being implied. It’s like those De Rosas that are the same frame as a Ribble- genuine De Rosa, from China.

grum
    Free Member

From this picture it’s very difficult to see how it could be caused by over-tightening. Looks like it’s pretty obviously a manufacturing fault in my inexpert opinion.

andypaul99
    Free Member

My giant TCR advanced had exactly the same defect in the same place (I also purchased it from wiggle)
    I’ve had the bike for 2 years now and covered countless miles and it never got any worse, I just put it down to a chip in the laquer , I don’t think perfection exists in any frame whatever its made out of, I’ve had trek and specialized bikes with similar defects but have always been told its would,not affect the structure of the bike

grum
    Free Member

It’s going to affect the resale value though isn’t it? Fair enough if you’re not bothered by it but I can see why the OP would be.

illmtb
    Free Member

Company in American that uses Wiggle name.

Viewing 24 posts - 81 through 104 (of 104 total)

The topic ‘Bad Wiggle Experience with Colnago Bike Frame Cracked’ is closed to new replies.