Bad name-dropping

Home Forum Chat Forum Bad name-dropping

Viewing 45 posts - 1 through 45 (of 204 total)
  • Bad name-dropping
  • cynic-al

After the shameful “Seb Coe” debacle that has left one embarrassed stw’r notably absent today, what’s the worst name-drop you can do?

Me: I got the evil eye from Euan McGregor once.

iDave

I stopped a mate accosting Ed Norton in a restaurant in New Mexico

Met Craig Charles on a train and lived in a house once owned by Steve Wright

Premier Icon ton
    Subscriber

i told chris moyles he was a c*ck in a pub in leeds.

me and clooney were chatting about this the other day, name dropping is just embarrassing.

Premier Icon wwaswas
    Subscriber

the shameful “Seb Coe” debacle that has left one embarrassed stw’r notably absent today

ooh, what happened?

I was on a rollercoaster at Alton Towers with Carol Vorderman. It was awesome.

starsh78

my colleague sold 2 bikes to richard ashcroft – 2 raleigh zero G’s i might add…..

cynic-al

Oooh! Oooh!

My lbs ex-employer used to hire bikes to Ronnie Corbett!

Nick Cave pointed me out to his security after I spent an entire gig trying to ‘illegaly’ photograph him 🙁

chutney13

bruno brookes’ mum used to give me and his little brother lifts home from primary school.

iDave

I have a client in Brazil called Danny DeVito, but he’s about 6ft…..

meehaja

i have been bought beer by several premiership footballers. which would be great if I followed football, or knew who they were. I also went to a wedding with Jo Blyth the weather girl, which was nice but i prefer the other one, and she knew that.

starsh78

I killed Michael Jackson…..

Too Much? – i’ll get my coat 🙄

Premier Icon Gee-Jay
    Subscriber

My mother in law was family Dr to one of the chuckle brothers if that counts?

I onced challenged Anneka Rice to collect all the trolleys at Waitrose for me. She declined.

Selina Scott commented on how healthy my goats looked, Was nice but they weren’t my sheep.

And James Herriot was my vet.

chutney13

my mum used to date ken morley.
    i cringe everytime i see him advertising windows.

TooTall

Henry Rollins apologized to me when he bumped into me backstage at his own gig.

My mother in law was family Dr to one of the chuckle brothers if that counts?

Well that’s a lie! I don’t feel I need to point out exactly how I know.

xc-steve

Annie Nightingale replied to one of my tweets and then mentioned it on air! Do I win?

allthepies

Hold the frickin’ front page!

I held a gate open for Dave Seaman when he turned up at a fishing lake near my house.

alanlbikes

ive met the chuckle brothers in local supermarket-awesome

Premier Icon mintimperial
    Subscriber

My grandma taught Roy Castle geography. Apparently he was rubbish at it.

starsh78

Hold the frickin’ front page!

I held a gate open for Dave Seaman when he turned up at a fishing lake near my house.

Oh crumbs, i just remembered Dave Seaman was at the second Gig i did in christchurch haha!

jon1973

I once met the bloke who played Danny Kendal in Grange Hill.

cynic-al

xc-steve – Member
    Annie Nightingale replied to one of my tweets and then mentioned it on air! Do I win?

Not a chance. I’ve been mentioned on Richard Bacon’s show. TWICE 😡

uplink

I sat next to Vic Reeves in our form room at school for the whole of the 4th year

I once had a curry with John Peel

Well, not strictly “with” him, I was eating at The Manzil curry house in Bradford, c1983, and he came in & sat down at the next table but one. The place was otherwise empty

mafiafish

I’ve shared a pint and a chat about salt marshes in Italy with Ian Mathews of that making Scotland’s landscape series. Got first aid of some Emmerdale GILF when I had a childhood fishing accident involving a fly and my lip.

Surf-Mat

I have cooked fish and chips for Suggs and Andrew Ridgely many times. Plus the entire Sheffield Wednesday team when they were a bit better than they are now.

My dad taught Phil Lynott to play guitar.
    He also gigged with Bob Marley.

Surely none of those mentioned above are bad names…

Where are the stories about spending your childhood with Jonathon King?
    Dining out with Jeffery Dahmer?
    Helping Hitler with the housework?

sssimon

had a beer with my mate who rand a night club and huey from FLC, barely spoke was in awe at the coolness that dripped off huey

was long before he did that pets thing on sky with lisa tarbuck, how many drugs was he on when he signed that contract?

My brother once met the great Brian Jacks in a cafe near the river in Knaresborough.

And we went to school with the trumpet player from Simply Red (who later formed the dance band ‘Olive’)

Premier Icon mintimperial
    Subscriber

Ooh, ooh, I forgot about this: Ricky Wilson from Kaiser Chiefs served me a pint once.

m_f that’s pretty bad both Simply Red and Olive were shite.

geetee1972

I was on Carol Vorderman – it was like a rollercoaster at Alton Towers with Carol Vorderman. It was awesome.

Fixed that for you.

will

I sat behind Fernando Torres at Anfield and had no idea who he was?

I once worked on Lee Brennans car off of 911 “fame”, oh yeah!

Rickos

I once saw Rod Hull in a shoe shop in Corfu.

Premier Icon Lifer
    Subscriber

TooTall – Member
    Henry Rollins apologized to me when he bumped into me backstage at his own gig.

Nice, Jerry Only said sorry after kicking me in the back when he was climbing over some tables and Dez Cadena joined me for a beer, on the same night in CBGBs for Joey Ramones’ birthday party.

8)

Does anyone remember when Seb Coe went down for murder?

bigbob38

I sat in front of Brian May at the cinema many years ago…. Felt sorry for those behind him!!

elliptic

I sold one of my Lake District landscape photos to Nigel Kennedy.

timmy mallet hit me on the head with his mallet

sue pollard came back to our house after opening a shopping centre my dad designed.

bob geldof thought he recognised me at a bbq, he was mistaken and very annoying.

bruce grobalar used to have a kid at the same infants school as me, he hung around the playground.

jet from gladiators lived about 4 roads away from me.

done lots of stuff with various musicians but they’re all from bands that you oldies wouldn’t appreciate, but 16 years olds on facebook would cream over.

martin clunes is a regular at the market in the town where my mum now lives, hes a nice chap and has some very cute dogs.

i grew up with a kid who murdered someone in aldershot and cut up the body leaving it behind a bin… apparently he used to scratch me until i cried as a baby :S

met/worked with a few of the famous names who have been through broadmoor and other psychiatric services.

and maybe one day… i’ll let some of you meet me, then all this talk of “celebs” will be worthless as you’ll have been able to bask in my glory.

bigyinn

Never mind name dropping, I want to know what happened with the Seb Coe posting?

Please tell me it was mr awesome himself?

Viewing 45 posts - 1 through 45 (of 204 total)

The topic ‘Bad name-dropping’ is closed to new replies.