Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Bad Bad Bad 29'er
  • lucien

Been a browsing through the mid-week mini movies – thanks guys but there is this here video [video]http://player.vimeo.com/video/63812212[/video]

Where do I start….

Trail is not gnarr, rad, hardcore – it’s flat whichever way you tilt the camera angle….

Short guy on a 29’er – makes you look even shorter, and that you’ve borrowed the bike from your big brother

Short Guy on the 29’er – you look like you are following your dad on a Sunday ride.

Apols if it’s someone on here, but TBH have a look at yourself, really?… 😯

cakeeater
    Free Member

And that German dance music……just awful.

timc
    Free Member

Aye, should have used the dub mix

No need to be shortest against our hobbit friends

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Awww blesss, are the big boys picking on you again?

Agree on the terrible music though.

TBH have a look at yourself, really?…

I’m a grown man riding a antiquated technology round in circles in some muddy woods. If I wanted to look good I’d have done something that’s actually cool and worn a suit.

GaryLake
    Free Member

Apols if it’s someone on here, but TBH have a look at yourself, really?…

I’d go back, re-read your post and do the same tbh… or at least post your own video up for ridicule.

Bikefest is one of the best and most well run events in the country and one of the few that doesn’t go to hell at the first sight of rain. Shame I can’t make this year’s but I’ll be there for Oktoberfest.

jezandu
    Free Member

Isn’t that Kitch one of the ex editors of what mtb? Why are we concerned about how he looks on a bike?

tazzymtb

is the wee fella matt carr?

monkeychild
    Free Member

As a hobbit on a big bike, I am offended by this!!! *clicks report button*

lucien

Just saying like……. 😀

huw
    Free Member

mjsmke

It does look a bit silly. This is exactly why I don’t want a 29er. I’m short (5ft4) and 29ers just ‘feel’ too big to ride. I know looks shouldn’t matter but you have to draw the line somewhere.

Sam

I assume the german techno was Mikey’s influence.

If you can keep up with Matt for a lap around the bikefest course then you are doing pretty well.

clubber
    Free Member

If it’s of any interest, you should read what matt’s said on fb 😉 he’s right too…

timc
    Free Member

link to Facebook? 😛

takisawa2

Short guy would have you Lucien…

🙂

How short do you reckon aforementioned short guy is ?
    I’m 5’9″.
    I’m all a fluster now, worrying that I look like that… 😥

davosaurusrex

Meh. Pretty lame movie, even lamer music, wheel size was irrelevant.

I remember when riser bars hit the market and everyone thought they looked ridiculous, people’s perception of what looks right or wrong is largely born of familiarity IMO.

gohan
    Free Member

I would love to see any of you lot keep up with Matt. It was hard enough keeping up with him when I worked with the guy let alone on a bike.

LoCo
    Free Member

This thread is almost as funny as when Al told Matt Page he needed to pedal more smoothly 😆

And plus one for the op getting ‘owned’ by mr Carr, you ought to come and race bikerfest 😉

timc
    Free Member

where can ownage be seen? 🙂

andyrm
    Free Member

I think “ownage” would be seen in real life on actual bikes rather than the internet. Matt is a frighteningly fast rider.

Candodavid
    Free Member

Didn’t him n Shaggy win the scottish enduro tour thing a few years ago on Trek SS 69’ers?

clubber
    Free Member

Iirc no, due to beer and crashing…

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Bad Bad Bad 29'er’ is closed to new replies.