Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Back to the Future
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

What an outstandingly excellent piece of film entertainment.

That is all.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Second favorite film ever . It’s fantastically entertaining and really cleverly written.

‘Oh honey! , your first novel…!’

Trading Places is first so don’t know if my opinion counts

njee20
    Free Member

Here, here. Excellent film. In fact, I’m going to go so far as saying excellent trilogy.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

3 was weak …. Hard to follow the first two mind…

jam-bo

Aren’t they making a 4th one ?

MoreCashThanDash

Never managed to last an entire film with it, completely lost on me. I keep trying to watch it and enjoy it, but I just don’t get it.

I’m a failure as a human being, aren’t I? 😳 😥

scotroutes

No one been along to the Secret Cinema showings? Almost makes it worth a visit to London.

Cougar

I’m a failure as a human being, aren’t I?

Yes, yes you are.

Kuco

I liked the first and third and thought the second one was shite.

wonderchump
    Free Member

This is a blues riff, in B. Watch me for the changes and try and keep up.

Northwind

One of my oldest real memories is seeing BTTF2 in the cinema, and they put the trailer for the third film on the end… We all basically shat rainbows. Still brilliant…

True fact- a load of the set surround

Lifer
    Free Member

Fantartar

MoreCashThanDash

Is it just the film thing? 😉

cyclebiker

Great scot!!

I love the all the films I wanted this for the living room… http://www.firebox.com/product/6547/Hill-Valley-Telegraph
    (Sorry don’t know hot to put in a link) but mrs Cyclebiker put her self lacing nike high tops down and said no 🙁

codybrennan
    Free Member

Every little bit of it is just brilliant. I just tried to explain the “Chuck Berry” joke to my 11 year old daughter, though, which fell a bit flat.

“I’m sorry- you’re just too darned loud”- missus was surprised to learn this was, in fact, Huey Lewis.

piemonster

thank you +1 tv

Northwind

My true fact didn’t seem to work. The set was built as a permanent installation, but a few years back it was struck by lightning which caused a load of the other buildings to burn down- just, not the clock tower. Presumably because the lightning bolt was drawn off to the delorean.

Jamie
    Free Member

That is all.

I think we may be approaching a moratorium on this phrase. It’s starting to get as bad as ‘chapeau’ and ‘FACT’.

fervouredimage
    Free Member

All three are incredible films. Number one is just a fantastic character driven story, number 2 is a brilliant piece of sci fi with the genius and brilliantly executed idea of going back into the first film from a new POV and number 3 is a genuinely great western. Not to mention Alan Silvestri’s score which still makes the hairs stand on end.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

I’m your density

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Just watched the skate boarding scene.

That inspired me as a kid to want a board.

Which later lead to snowboarding… which later lead me to all kinds of adventures.

back2basics
    Free Member

I did not see the twin/lone pine mall till about third viewing
    its a fantastic film, in like 2 and 3 was ok
    4th is talked about as a reboot…

FeeFoo
    Free Member

It’s starting to get as bad as ‘chapeau’ and ‘FACT’.

“You don’t like my chapeau?”

project
    Free Member

great film and so much thought about future and past traveling to think about.

Even being able to jump 5 mins back or forward can have big consequences for all, Discuss.

billyboulders
    Free Member

The valve cap on my bikes front wheel was liberated from the Delorean from Back to the Future one that they had on display outside the ride at Universal Studios 🙂

Susie
    Free Member

“I hate manure!”

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Scary fact

Next year, 2015…. if Marty went back in time again the same number of years as he does in the first film (30 years)…. he’d travel back to that film’s starting time … 1985 !

Duggan

My favourite ever film.

It’s an internet staple now but in case anybody hasn’t seen it: Eric Stoltz in various Back to the Future scenes, before the decision was taken to can him and re-shoot with Michael J Fox:

njee20
    Free Member

Scary fact
    Next year, 2015…. if Marty went back in time again the same number of years as he does in the first film (30 years)…. he’d travel back to that film’s starting time … 1985 !

So what you mean is that we’ll reach the time he travels to in Part 2…

Lifer
    Free Member

project – Member
    great film and so much thought about future and past traveling to think about.

Even being able to jump 5 mins back or forward can have big consequences for all, Discuss.

Have you seen ‘Primer’?

jimster01

Scary fact
    So what you mean is that we’ll reach the time he travels to in Part 2…

No, I think the scarier fact is, if you were eighteen when this came out,you’re heading towards fifty!!!!! Fortunately I was twenty one 8)

jambalaya
    Free Member

My daughter said the secret cinema event was fantastic.

samuri
    Free Member

They’re not that good to be honest. You could be awfully anal about the time travel anomalies but that would be unfair given most time travel films get some things wrong.

I think the major issue with the back to the future films is that they’ve got Michael J Fox in them.

stewartc
    Free Member

Just watched this last night for the first time in 10 years or so, forgot how good it was as a standalone piece of film (the sequels do nothing for me).
    Is it me or do time travel films age well?

fervouredimage
    Free Member

They’re not that good to be honest. You could be awfully anal about the time travel anomalies but that would be unfair given most time travel films get some things wrong.

You could and many people already have. Very few anomalies in the BTTF trilogy, Time travel theories were well considered. There is artistic licence of course but it is a film.

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘Back to the Future’ is closed to new replies.