Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Back to basics , oh the joy and pleasure of a simple hardtail 😎
  • Premier Icon oldfart

Mendips slop today , E Bike is in the menders , Onza Jackpot that probably cost less than the replacement motor I’m waiting for 🙄🙄🙄🙄Double Butted Steel frame , 150mm Revelations and a Reverb (well can’t have everything 🤓) Forgot how much fun can be had when you go back in time 🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡

Premier Icon jonjones262
    Free Member

I’ve not touched my full for months, loving my Shan 27 😎

Premier Icon Scienceofficer
    Free Member

How was it up there today?

Premier Icon funkmasterp

The best kind of bike imo. The ride, the looks, simplicity and feel. I’ve tried full suspension and always come back to HT.

Premier Icon Stigheed

Just ridden the Malverns slop after work – I’ve ridden mostly hardtails over the last 12 months (wet weather might have had something to do with it).
    Couldn’t agree more that hardtails are still the simplest, most accessible fun.

Still like my Evil come the dry months though……

Premier Icon w00dster

Hmmm, opposite here. Hired a Ragley hardtail at Llandegla on New Year’s Day. 20 mins in and I wanted my full sus back…..but think the lack of dropper had a lot to do with that.
    Thought my arms were going to fall off at the end of the day though.
    I was thinking of buying the Jackpot but the experience with the Ragley has put me off.

Premier Icon takisawa2

To fully appreciate each of them you need to swap occasionally.
    Me, I prefer the hardtail.

Premier Icon Kryton57

Loving my Clockwork Evo at the moment…

Premier Icon tomparkin
    Free Member

I also think a hardtail as a partner to a full sus is the way forward. I love switching between them, and riding the same local trails differently.

This said, I’m currently in the honeymoon period with my recently built NS Eccentric. It’s well good. Still needs some component tweaks to realise it’s full potential, but even so I love it!

Premier Icon colournoise

Haven’t ridden my Rocket since August 31 according to my Flickr feed.

TBH, (a) it needs a good service (bearings and forks) and (b) the local trails don’t really warrant anything more than my Transmitter or SS BFe.

Premier Icon matt_outandabout

the experience with the Ragley has put me off.

I would recommend having another go. On a bike that’s more forgiving. With dropper. With equivalent fork and tyres to your FS. On trails that ‘suit’*.

I’m loving mine still, a couple of times a ride I think ‘hmm, this would be easier fun on FS’, but then I think more times ‘wow, this thing responds so well, so predicable, so quick, so light’ and I go back to enjoying the challenge.

*I took mine on RimDinger at bike park Wales in the summer. Not good. The Alps was a ‘challenge’ at times… Other than that, go for it.

Premier Icon Mugboo

My hardtail is a custom Canyon Dude with 170mm dropper, Chargered Bluto and Minions and it absolutely flies (unless it gets proper rocky). I’ve always had a hardtail for winter but 4 years after buying a fatty I am now sure it will always be a fat one.

That said I love getting my bouncy bike out come Spring 🙂

Premier Icon bruneep

Haven’t ridden my Stanton switchback HT for over a yr, decided to sell it today <stealth ad>

Premier Icon grtdkad

I only have a pair of HTs*
    Have owned a full sus in the past but felt really over-biked for my typical riding.
    (Malvern Hills, Mayhem etc)

*plus a roadbike

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.