Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Back to 29-er
  • IvanMTB
    Free Member

Hi,

After last weekend Dales and Lakes blast I started thinking – mainly prompted by now still sore second toe banged on the penultimate descent to Elterwater – that putting fat front and 27.5×2.6 on Whyte T129 wasn’t such a good idea afterall.

So decided to sort of get back to 29er wheel up rear. Got one on the radar but I’m sooooo far behind with 29er tyres that I can’t even think what is good now. Other problem is that T129 got rather modest space up rear. So nothing bigger than 2.25-2.3 inch would not fit.

So what is fairly robust and aggressive 2.2-2.3 tyre of choice these days for rear?

Last time I was having 29er wheel in use I had WTB Bronson and that was rather underwhelming if not outright crap…

Cheers!
    I.

Blackflag
    Free Member

Maxxis DHF/R – F&R respectively

chevychase

DHR front and rear 🙂

IvanMTB
    Free Member

Need rear only.

Minion 2.3 then… DC or 3C Maxx Terra?

Cheers!
    I.

snorkelsucker
    Free Member

When I had my Whyte T129 I ran a Minion DHRii 2.3 and a Minion SS 2.3 and both were OK size wise. Like you say, it’s tight out back ; a 2.35″ may fit but it would need trying out which, if you don’t have one handy, could be an expensive way of wasting money!

A shame really that it didn’t have better clearance as it was a brilliant bike!

chakaping
    Free Member

Look for the Double Down carcass if you’re after a more robust 2.3in Maxxis tyre.

IvanMTB
    Free Member

Ta!

Went with standard EXO for a starter. Got DHR 2.6 EXO currently and still running OK for my liking.

If it will be really crap will invest in DD or install half of white sausage.

Cheers!
    I.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Back to 29-er’ is closed to new replies.