Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Back on the bike, but which bike
  • Steelsreal

So after a freakish snowboarding “incident”, i did this in March;

Now after seven months of what my wife describes as “sitting around on my fat arse doing nothing” I have been given the all clear to get back on the bike…

Stick to mountain bikes the surgeon said…no problem i replied…

So having cleared the bikes out when this all happened, need to buy a nice new shiny bike to celebrate, but which one…

Thinking full sus to ease my back into things and thinking fairly slack to get a more upright less stretched out riding position…

So my budget is about £1800 thoughts are

Canyon Nerve AM whatever, cracking value
    Specialized pitch pro
    Giant Anthem X (maybe a bit racy??)

As a bit of a clumsy clot (and considering my budget) i reckon on no carbon, but would like the latest must haves, tapered steerer, bolt through forks (i’m a bit of a heffer!)

So what does STW world recommend….and anyone know of any cracking end of season bargains (Large size i would say at 6ft1)

nonk
    Free Member

jesus 😯

i would get the canyon out of that lot.

mind how you go.

valleydaddy
    Free Member

Get searching for 2011 models heavily discounted as you should be able to get more for your dosh

Steelsreal

indeed that was what i was hoping for, may be able to avoid a push fit BB if i’m lucky 🙂

Even Canyon have a couple of hundred off at the moment….

credit card is twitching…

lucien

Freeborn in Horsham (and online) have discounted Pitch’s at the mo!

beargotsoul

Take a look at a Cube Stereo, the Pro spec is about on budget.

andrewy

I reckon if you can keep all that scrap iron from your back, you should just wheel out the brazing touch and build your own bike 😀

Steelsreal

ha ha unfortunately i need the iron to stand up 🙂

an its titanium don’t you know, probably Lynskey

Steelsreal

does anyone understand the canyon stock status on the website, nerves out of stock but expected Wk37?? why can’t i order one and get it then or are there no more till the 2012 bikes ??

crundi
    Free Member

WK37 refers to Week 37 (out of the 52 in a year). Canyon bikes get sold pretty quickly, dither and you miss out.

I also looked into the Canyon AM but decided to go for the harder hitting Strive. I already had a Hardtail for winter and easy riding single track and wanted a bike I could ‘rag’ in the summer. I’m sure the AM would have sufficed for the trails I ride but knowing I’ve got more in reserve and the fact the Strive comes in at a very respectable weight I’m glad I made my decision.

honourablegeorge

Get something Ti, to match your spine.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Back on the bike, but which bike’ is closed to new replies.