Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Back From The Dead: We Need To Talk About Jack
  • down_and_across

Dieter is the kind of bike nerd mechanic that every good bike shop should want. He is endlessly enthusiastic about getting people of all kinds onto bikes of all sorts. He can fix your bike even when the outlook looks bleak. Go for a ride with him and you’ll probably end up doing high fives and exclaiming ‘sick!’. In short, he has boundless enthusiasm for all things bike. He’s also a bit of a socially conscious punk environmentalist, so he’s probably a bit rubbish if your bike shop is one of those glittering concept store type places where it doesn’t smell of rubber and GT85 (Or WD40). Luckily for him, and us, he works at our local social enterprise bike shop, and we’ve talked him into bringing us a few of his more ingenious and interesting fixes, alongside whatever commentary he might like to get off his chest. We hope you enjoy…

By down_and_across

Get the full story on our front page at:

Back From The Dead: We Need To Talk About Jack

We need your support – Find out how you can help by clicking the link below.

ellceecee

Amazing! Hope Jack works out in the shop.

nickc

What a great update. Congrats to Jack.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    weeksy

We should club together and buy jack a couple of new tools each month… I’ll throw a few quid in to top up his set.

jamj1974

Well done. I’m think that apprenticeships can work excellently.

Best of luck Jack, sounds like you have a good employer too!

I worked in bike shops a lot of the time between 18 and 22 and had a great time.

veganrider
    Free Member

This is great news for the shop and for Jack. Congratulations! The shop has come on leaps and bounds in the last couple of years. This is an Aladdin’s cave of a bike shop. Whatever I need, there’s usually something lying around that’s perfectly serviceable, for a MUCH lower price.

matt_outandabout

I like this shop and the people involved in it. Top work!

stanley

A heart-warming piece of writing… thanks for that 🙂

chipps

I approve of your ‘lathe’. I’ve done so many bodges, er, precision improvisations, using similar methods.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.