Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Back From The Dead: A Custom Toolbox For Every Eventuality
  • down_and_across

Be still your beating hearts, because for this edition of Back From The Dead, Dieter is giving you an in depth look at his tools. Oh yes. Here we go w …

By down_and_across

Get the full story on our front page at:

Back From The Dead: A Custom Toolbox For Every Eventuality

Support us from less than £0.06/day and help us keep the content flowing by becoming a full member.

robertajobb

Green handled screwdrivers, and blue handled screwdrivers.
    Which ones are imperial and which are metric ?

fahzure

That box has grown to a size where it is no longer mobile, like one of those canal boats that is always moored by Callis with fairy lights. You should consider (Sun. and Mon.) nightly rentals or selling espresso off of the bench, next to the toolbox. Sowerby Bridge is ready for this.

down_and_across

@robertajobb Green handles are screwdrivers, blue are picks!

BigChris

I knew reading this would cost me money.
    Engineer pliers inbound 🙂
    And I’ll second what you said about the Knipex, just bought some…

tthew

I bought my partner a roll of that leopard print duct tape for Christmas a couple of years ago. She was well pleased.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

I bought my partner a roll of that leopard print duct tape for Christmas a couple of years ago. She was well pleased.

It feels wrong that that made it past the filter but **** doesn’t.

b33k34

The tool tips on these posts are great. Engineer pliers on the way.

What size Knipex do people find most useful (looks like those are the 180)? They vary a fair bit in terms of size and price.

doomanic

Can anyone read the part number on the Knipex pliers wrench?

scc999

They’re the 180mm ones judging from the 1″ scale on the mat they are sat on.

doomanic

There’s more than one on RS or Amazon with prices ranging from 8 quid to over £60!

down_and_across

@everyoneabove!

These are 180’s the most useful size for most bike stuff, I’ll warn you now though, as soon as I got my hands on these I started planning to get the rest of the sizes!

down_and_across

Should have mentioned above as well, the smaller Engineer pliers will also get seized pad retaining pins out of shimano calipers without resorting to power tools!

tthew

There’s more than one on RS or Amazon with prices ranging from 8 quid to over £60!

It’ll be these. Plier-wrench. Price difference for the same size will be due to different grips on the handles, some of which are for high voltage protection. Not sure where you see any 8 quid ones though!

b33k34

The £8 stuff is replaceable soft jaws for them

doomanic
    down_and_across

@doomanic as @b33k34 said it’s usually the soft jaws that sell for about 8 quid but that looks like they’ve listed the pliers for the wrong price there! Gotta be worth a punt for less than a tenner!

hutchweb

Poor old rs-online, I wonder how they are going to handle all our orders?
    Guess i’ll find out soon.

nixie

4 for the price of one 😀 (assuming they actually ship). Nice!

doomanic

I’ve ordered two. 😀

doomanic

They’re now at £44 and my order is not able to be tracked online so I’m guessing they’ve cancelled it.

down_and_across

@doomanic
    Just woke up to an email from RS, delivery date has been changed from the 24th to the 21st!
    Still won’t let me track my order but it sounds like they’re still coming!

doomanic

Sweet. I have the same email.

doomanic

Has anyone received their RS order yet?

down_and_across

@doomanic. Not yet but I’ve been calling to check on it every few weeks, apparently they should be shipping this week!

down_and_across

@doomanic

Two shiny sets of pliers arrived for me today! Woooop!

doomanic

Nice. I wonder if mine will be waiting for me when I get home.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Back From The Dead: A Custom Toolbox For Every Eventuality’ is closed to new replies.