Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Back from another overnighter and some comments on my newest bike
  • scotroutes

Heres a link to my latest blog entry. if you’re stuck at work on a dreary night-shift it should keep you occupied for a few minutes 🙂

althepal

Nice one- enjoyed reading that!

AlasdairMc

Good write-up there.

I too have been surprised at just how good my El Mariachi has been. It seems to climb up everything far better than any other bike I’ve ever owned, and is very comfy on day rides and longer.

Have you tried it with the chainstays extended? It turns it from being quite light and flickable to being far more stable and less inclined to slip out the back end.

orangeboy
    Free Member

I must get out more.
    I live mine and about to try it with drops for honc

tomd
    Free Member

Nice post, I’d like to try that route at some point.

ojom
    Free Member

Intersting about the forks C. I changed that Cove shitter to figure about a month ago and it’s heaps better. Didn’t feel right with suspension.

scotroutes

I’d set it up that way originally and changed it at the same time as fitting the forks. I’m going to play around with it a bit.

I might try setting the Rebas to 80mm (currently 100mm) for a bit of an experiment but I’m really happy with the way it is now.

Oh – the LTD Candys arrived too!

grum
    Free Member

Enjoyed that, thanks. I know the owner of that honesty box in Gartness – my gran lived on that terrace for years and my brother just moved out of her old house. 🙂

FOG

Thanks for this write-up which as ever is inspiring me to get out on the bike. I have relentlessly plundered your blog for route suggestions, particularly for a w. coast trip I am doing in the next couple of weeks. Keep it up!

user-removed
    Free Member

Aye, thanks for the share – enjoyed that very much from the comfort of my armchair! I am in need of a massive boot up the backside to actually get out on one of my bikes 🙂

scotroutes

grum – the choc ice was mucho appreciated. It was almost like summer!

FOG – I’ve some more west-coast stuff in the pipeline. What are you thinking of? I might get you to do some route-spotting for me 🙂

user-removed – the bivi-a-month thing has been my greatest motivation this year. I was panicking that I’d not get an overnighter in last month and the Mrs just couldn’t understand why. Women eh?

FOG

We are staying near Aultbea for a week and was hoping to do some of the tracks marked on the OS map. I know some people have done the out and back routes to Shieldaig forest and Poca Buidhe so I’ll give them a go. There is a tantalising gap between the end of the track from Drumchork to Fionn Loch and the track which follows the Little Gruinard River which needs looking at. There are also 2 tracks up to Loch na Sealga from gruinard bay, one following the Gruinard river and one looping up round Lochan Gaineamhaich that could be interesting. I will only be doing day rides to avoid the wrath of Mrs FOG but there looks to be lots to explore.

scotroutes

Cool. I’ll be heading up that way with packraft soon…..

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Back from another overnighter and some comments on my newest bike’ is closed to new replies.