baby watch continues….

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)
  • baby watch continues….
  • due date for Mrs JB was last friday. I know it’s not super late, but I’m getting a little twitchy now. can’t even go out for more than an hour without checking in – I’m really on edge. Mrs JB, however, is absolutely fine and not bothered at all, in fact she’s quite enjoying the extended pregnancy.

Anyways, anything STW dads didn’t put in the hospital bag that they wish they had?

chojin

More food! Can never have too much food 🙂

beer and a camping stove

Premier Icon mattjg
    Subscriber
    ds3000

Smartphone with internet access, a couple of magazines and some snacks…..

slimsi

Ours over ran a bit so had a sweep and 24hrs later she came…most amazing experience of my life!

It happened in under 2 hours from arriving at hospital with only has & air so didn’t even get time to fetch bag.

Relax and enjoy it what you have in your bag you have, nothing else will matter in those moments!

mrblobby

Phone/tablet with lots of data, books, magazines, food, drink. Camera with a charged battery. Cables to charge stuff up. None of which I’ve forgotten. Already in the delivery suite here, hopefully not too long to go for us.

Blimey – good luck Hefin!

matther01

My missus was 2 weeks late and my son ended up being born on Xmas Eve after being induced…nice get out of Xmas dinner with the in laws that year!

A good decent book…went through 4 mags in no time and wished I had taken one. Loads of food too…I was starving.

Once it all starts though…you won’t need anything.

At the frankly worthwhile risk of repeating previously given advice, stay north, do not venture south. It’s like watching your favourite pub go up in flames.

mrblobby

Thanks Jim. Don’t forget your watch either. Useful to time contractions.

Boba Fatt

I feel your pain, slightly different for us the other week.

Monday, go in to hospital for routine check-up. Within an hour, whipped up to the labour suite for an emergency inducement, 2 hours later, mind changed and it’s emergency C – section, 2 hours later, they change their mind and decide to go natural, start to induce, I get sent home, nowt happens for 12 hours, I get a phone call telling me to get back to the hospital for the emergency C – section take 2. Less than an hour later and we have a daughter

Premier Icon bearnecessities
    Subscriber

Ah, congrats Boba Fatt 8)

(Good luck OP)

Scamper

Hold in there chap!

Due next Wednesday with our second. At Defcon 5 today with head engagement.

Mrs.B is fully engaged here and ready to pop. I have a bag full of food, a pocket full of cash (for parking and Costa coffee) and a fully charged phone (entertainment, camera and family informing device all rolled in to one).

Bring on the baby! 😀

Premier Icon garage-dweller
    Subscriber

Take a charger in case you are there a while. Mini dweller 1 stayed in for a day and a half before a trip to theatre!

Back in the day, I took a small compact camera (Ricoh GR1) into the birth of our daughter and one roll of film to restrict me to not get snap happy.

We made a lovely album (no gore shots) of mrs Coolhandluke holding the baby, grannies, aunts and uncles coming in to see her etc.

A cherished photo album.

A mattress! Sleeping in the chair next to the bed after the epidural knocked my wife out was bloody uncomfortable!

alfabus

A plastic bottle of water, or sugary drink. The hospital only gave us a pint glass of water, which wasn’t exactly easy to manage.

Shorts. It is sodding hot on a maternity ward!

Good luck!

Dave

Premier Icon mattjg
    Subscriber

@op any news? and we need PITCHERS

mrblobby

Any updates…?

A roller coaster 24 hours here which ended up with a foreceps delivery of little miss blobby jr. Mrs blobby not doing great right now due to some complications, but she put up an amazing fight and she will be fine. Second time around it still really is the most incredible of experiences 😀

Premier Icon garage-dweller
    Subscriber

Mr Blobby, congrats and hope Mrs on the mend soon.

matther01

Congrats Mr Blobby…let the sleepless begin all over again 😉

chojin

I’d imagine he’ll have his hands full right about now 🙂
    Congrats bud!

mrblobby

Thanks. All seems quite easy right now, then I remember the months of relentless routine to come!

crankboy

Too late to say book and camping mat .so congratulations.

Premier Icon funkmasterp
    Subscriber

Good luck OP. We were due our first last Thursday and Mrs Funkmaster had a sweep yesterday. Just can’t wait to meet the little one now 😀

Sweep day today, if that doesn’t get things going, another sweep Monday, then induction Tuesday, so we have a sort of date for the big day if nothing happens before that. Mrs JB has told me she is definitely not having a baby tonight as she didn’t sleep too well last night, so we’ll see….

boooking in for induction gave me a proper moment of clarity. This shit is REAL.

Congrats Blobby, and all the other STWers (surprisingly many) about to pop.

Will update once we have a little person and I’ve stopped blubbing. 🙂

Still no movements….

now keen to see it through the night so it’s not a valentines baby.

COME ON!

Premier Icon sandwicheater
    Subscriber

Double what ever food/magazines you have to bring. Could not believe how much hanging around I did when the Mrs was induced.

Best thing she remembered was a cold/wet flannel and one of those spritzer sprays with water in.

Good luck OP.

Jimbo, my dear old chap! Fingers crossed for you and the Mrs! Hope you got the email!

Things we forgot – hat/ beanie for the baby. Remember the scratch mitts – ours had been self soothing inside by sucking her thumb so when she popped out the first thing she did was try and get the thumb back in her mouth.
    Plenty of food and make sure its a variety of stuff – surprised at how quickly I went off liquorice allsorts!

Premier Icon bearnecessities
    Subscriber

nope.

all quiet. Mrs JB now getting a bit upset at the lack of action. personally it was nice to get this weekend out of the way for me (busy work action).

really would rather not go down the induction route if at all possible, but looks like it may be inevitable.

feeling stressed today!

mrblobby

Must be frustrating… difficult to enjoy the calm before the storm when you just want to crack on with it.

Been home with little miss blobby jr for a couple of days now. First night wasn’t too bad, up every hour. Last night though she only nodded off properly around 5am, in time for toddler blobby jr to wake up at half six. Whoever says that two kids aren’t much more work than one is lying, it’s at least work ^ 2.

Still no movement. booked in for 5:00pm tomorrow to start the induction action.

Mrs JB teary and tired. me? stressed & worried, but looking forward to the end of it all.

Sasd thing is that when she goes in for induction, they pretty much tell dads to go home till something happens. So I’ve got to go home and wait on my own knowing she’s alone at hospital.

anyways, in 24 hours we’ll be on the road to parenthood. Will check in later, for now, it’s sleep time (thanks for all the comments gang).

Sat up now, another sleepless night. (2 Weeks in!)

We where 2 weeks over and Wife was induced. Been a great but tiring 2 weeks. You’ll go through days of wanting visitors so show off your little one, days where you can’t be arsed with people, etc etc. Hours of crying and not knowing what to do.

I had to leave the Mrs for a few nights, was tough but knuckle down and get some sleep, you’ll need it.

Buy her lots of chocolate, you coffee and cake. Make sure there’s lots in house the eat when you can easily.

7 weeks in with our wee one. She feeds well and sleeps all night (10-7) quite content sitting in her bouncer or on the activity mat. Couple of things we found have settled her well, grow bag for sleeping in and a blue night light in her room.

My wife was induced 5 days after the due date. Induced at 11:45 and Holly was born 18:50. So don’t be so sure you’ll be sent home…

@jimbobrighton – you don’t have to go home if you don’t want to, it’s not the 1940s.
    Tell the midwife that you want to stay, it won;t be exciting but you’ll be there for Mrs Jimbobrighton.

Married to a halfwife, she had me doing sweeps for our first one, forget watching your favourite pub burn down, being instructed in medical procedures that men should never know about changes the nookie landscape beyond belief!!

mrblobby

They can’t make you leave the missus surely?

As soon as they put mrs blobby on the drip she was off in seconds, so may not take too long. Though annoyingly we’d already been at the hospital for 12 hours just waiting for a free delivery suite up to that point 👿

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘baby watch continues….’ is closed to new replies.