Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • baby names…
  • sc-xc

Neighbour has just had a boy….Ptolomey
    Girl at work had a girl…Zepherena
    Mate’s sister’s daughter…Nirvana

Blimey.

Stoner
    Free Member

“Blimey” is a terrible name.

What were you thinking?!

Oxboy
    Free Member

Blimey is ok for a boy

Smee
    Free Member

Do you work at the funny farm?

Oxboy
    Free Member

Nope I reside there

Bunnyhop

A woman plonked her small child on to the counter at the bank where my sister used to work, saying sit still ‘Velvet’ love else youse ‘ll fall off.
    Poor child.

PlumzRichard
    Free Member

i think “xtr” would make a lovely childs name plus xtr and children have certain similarities for example being extreamly expencive, looking good but not really doing that much ow yer and wearing down quickly.

GrahamA
    Free Member

My daughter is called Niamh, I have a nasty feeling that she is going to spend the rest of here life patiently spelling her name to people.

NZCol

Ptolomey

WTF

Sounds like the sort fo thing you squeeze out before you go to work “sorry Luv i’d leave it a minute cos I’ve just dropped a massive smelly Ptolomey in tehre….maybe light a match ?”

tinker-belle
    Free Member

What’s wrong with Ptolomey????

My name is a modern derivative of it, and it’s been a first name of many first borns on one of the sides of my family…

Worst yet is my friends who named their daughter Katherine Yasmine Jelly (K-Y Jelly) poor kid.

Still not entire sure about the “Cosmo” recently used…

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

My parents named me after a certain bike event!

woffle
    Free Member

I heard “get back ‘ere Pocahontas” screamed across the aisles in our local supermarket once.

hora
    Free Member

My parents named me after the God of Love, oh hang on I am the God of love 😛

pallyally
    Free Member

Though about calling my firstborn Foster McEwan…..after two of my favourite drinks. Then thought about Byres Finnieston after two places in the West End of Glasgow. Settled on Ross. Shouldn’t have been so conventional in retrospect

hora
    Free Member

I was thinking of Morrissey as a middle name. Thats serious.

sc-xc

I can’t really talk – our lad’s middle name is Sullivan (after Justin)

mrsflash
    Free Member

Tinker-belle what is your name?

I love Cosmo, we called our cat it as we would not be brave enough to use it on a child though.

sturmey
    Free Member

My sister in law works for an insurance company and see quite a few spectacular ones. The one that sticks in my mind the most was a gentleman who went by the name Dick Juice.

dalesboyz
    Free Member

my old games teacher was called richard head so what was his parents on when nameing him 😆

yossarian
    Free Member

Probably going to regret posting this but we called our youngest son Beech. Couldn’t decide whether i liked it or not to begin with but love it now.

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

theres loads of chavvy mums calling their chavvy babies some classic names where i work (the moor, sheffield)

Levi
    Timberland (seriously)
    akon
    heston

just 4 that spring to mind.

always makes me laugh!

jova54
    Free Member

Daughter had a woman come into her shop the other day with a small boy named Oedipus.

Bet he’ll get a complex! 😉

IGMC

Richie_B

Sister-in-law called their first kid Felix (don’t think she was listening when we advised her to put the names she liked into three lists (boys, girls & pets) either that or she lost the wrong list.
    Anyway must get back to our little boys Rover & Spot 😕

EdwardH

The most recent addition to the familly (two weeks ago) is Ruairidh, and I am certain he will go through life hating us each time he has to spell it. Add to that the fact no-one spells our surname correctly, well……I can feel his blood boiling already

Stoner
    Free Member

we gave Stoner Jr a family name. Its a bit rare, but worse it’s not spelt phonetically. So we’ve upset a few oldies in the family by using a phonetic spelling instead to save him hassle. Also made a point of making sure he has a more common middle name for him to use if he wants too as well as initials that sound cool (PJ or JJ).

Bunnyhop

We have a family name, which was used on my siter and not me, I disliked my name so much I changed it.

Bunnyhop

Flip, Mean’t sister.

Bunnyhop

Jamie and Jules Oliver have just named their newborn Petal.
    The other children are Poppy and Daisy……. I feel a bouquet coming on.

domino

I have a friend whose middle name is ‘Bird’ – its been in the family for generations.

GrahamS

Surely it is Ptolemy, not Ptolomey?

And Zepherena?? Don’t Vauxall make that?
    At least it is unusual. Google shows this very thread as the second hit!

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘baby names…’ is closed to new replies.