Baby name.

Home Forum Chat Forum Baby name.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 94 total)
  • Baby name.
  • hug
    carlos

Is that short for Noah – Graham

Obi_Twa

Trying to avoid asking if your wife is a chav. Are you a chav? 😉

sc-xc

What are the other 2 kids called?

I personally like Oakley, but my kids are called Airmax, Burberree and Brian

Just to point out that it is a name rather than one of these made up ones and means medow/field of oak trees.
    My 2 daughters names are Eleanor and Isabelle know as Ellie and Izzy.

sc-xc

^ I have an Eleanor. Beautiful name.

I do know someone who called their 5th child (after 4 pretty normal names) Nirvana. I also know someone who has a daughter called Zepherina. When you consider those, Oakley isn't too bad…but it's not a proper name like your daughters.

FoxyChick

Oakley Fackrell??

A bit of a mouthful…but you can guarantee that no-one ese will have his name!! 😉

Or you could do what the scritters around here do and change the spelling… OakLee? 8)

Premier Icon Bez
    Subscriber

Rudy Project.

trail_rat

smith ?

oakley i think of as a surname – my mates called jimmy oakley ….

why not just go with farquar ?

tinribz

It does sound like a surname thing, but if that's what she wants there are better ones like Spencer or Howard etc.

b r

I've 3 boys and they are all known by their names…

And yes, Oakley is chav.

Oakley isn't a kids name! Do they hang out with their cousins Addidas and corsa?

It is a name as its been inuse since the 1700.
    I take it you only ever call anyone by their full name?

Our third child is due in September and is going to be a little boy. We have been thinking of names and my wife likes Oakley but my dilema is that I have a fair bit of Oakley clothing and some of their sunglasses and feel that it would be. Bit odd walking around with my sons name on.
    What does STW think?

Seriously dude…no. Just go with the first two replies.

You'll spend your life justifying it to people saying "It's been in use for for hundreds of years, nothing to do with the sunglasses…"

You're doing it already…

Premier Icon Cougar
    Subscriber

Play with spelling? Oakleigh?

(I don't like it either, FWIW, just spinning ideas. Sounds like the sort of thing you'd have as a middle name rather than a first name.)

Look at it this way; if it were right and you were happy with it, you wouldn't have to solicit opinion on an Internet forum. The fact that you have probably indicates it's not right.

/2p.

ph0010421

Behave.
    Remember, he'll be getting the sh1t kicked out of him when he's 14 for your decision. Go with Bill, John, Mike or similar.

Premier Icon midlifecrashes
    Subscriber

Now you've done well with the first two, but I'm not sure what's gone wrong here. You've either let your previous success go to your head and just thought you could do what you liked, or you've forgotten how hard you worked to get the first two and just thought you'd go with whatever was right in front of your eyes. If you have an Ellie, then an Izzy, what you need is a good solid name for a boy. Traditional, preferably monosyllabic too. George. That's what you need. Just don't lose them all and start calling for them on the camp field of some future BigBikeBash when I lose my (from right) Ellie, Izzy and George.

Its a nice enough name, but for someone with oakley gear, I'd say pick something else.

Premier Icon franksinatra
    Subscriber

Stan

You know where you stand with a name like Stan, or Arthur.

ojom

Go with the sure thing.

Pick a solid classic name like James, Mark, Tom etc. They will appreciate it in later life.

hora

Summer
    Beck

Oakley? You do realise that at somepoint you will hear of or actually MEET a Oakley from a sink estate.

Bedds

Go with Rowan if you fancy getting all arbicultural

Got to agree with previous posts though.. Oakley is a chav name

We went with Callum for our little un after umming and ahhing over boys names.. I considered it a huge responsibility to a pick a name that will suit not just a cute baby, but also a teenager, an adult in a workplace and an old man sat in Gods Waiting Room…

Just imagine dude…

"Do you, Oakley Fackrell take Britney Chavley to be your…." 😯

Pigface

I like the name Ezra for a boy, dont like Oakley.

Premier Icon wwaswas
    Subscriber

there's a lot of aasumptions about social class and background of the OP being made on this thread…

my view anything that's dicernably a product name is a bad idea.

We asked my, then, 4 year old son what his little sister shoudl be called and he decided that 'Barbie Diana' were the best names a girl could have. Fortunately saner heads than his won the day.

satsoma

Oakley is definitely a surname…it's mine 🙂

tinsy

How about

Dyson
    Sony
    Trek

He will just love it later on…

We have an Evie and Isabelle (known as Izzi – I like how is spells the same back to front too).

Go with Rowan if you fancy getting all arbicultural

I like that. I must ask my wife for a baby boy so I can give him that name.

hora

How about Spiro?

Premier Icon DezB
    Subscriber

How about Mackerel? HTH

ocrider

Seriously, brand naming children even if it may already be a real name isnt on.

You really should consider something more refined and traditional like Montgomery or Aldous.

Premier Icon BigJohn
    Subscriber

Raymond is a good name. As in Ray Bans.

donald

scaredypants

Robin

🙂

Premier Icon DezB
    Subscriber

I Googled Fackrell for some inspiration… this was the first pic..

why do people call a kid a name e.g. isabelle because we like the name izz? if you like the name izzi, call her izzi initially ffs!!

sc-xc

^ because it gives the child a choice when they are older. ffs.

why do people call a kid a name e.g. isabelle because we like the name izz? if you like the name izzi, call her izzi initially ffs!!

Because I preferred Isabelle but my wife wanted Izzi.

So she has Isabelle Cara on her birth certificate but I have grown to prefer Izzi anyway.

That a good enough explanation for you?
    😕

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 94 total)

The topic ‘Baby name.’ is closed to new replies.