Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Baby advice…lightweight stroller that can do offroad a bit?
  • lister

We’re selling our britax vigour to some friends and are looking for a smallish stroller that can handle gravel paths…so no little rattly wheels.

Anyone got any suggestions?

mick_r

We are just about to put our Mountain Buggy Terrain on ebay if you are interested?……

Folds flat in a jiffy, wheels aren’t too big but still very good “off road” Minimal trim and fluff so nice and light / weatherproof.

ballsofcottonwool
    Free Member

We’ve got a quinny zapp its got nice wide wheels so it sort of floats over the gravel rather than getting bogged down.

RoterStern
    Free Member

What about a Chariot trailer? They fold down flat and can be used in loads of different applications …with bike, as buggy, as jogging buggy, even with skis!

lister

mick_r, might be interested could you email me? lister76athotmaildotcodotuk

price, pics etc would be great

lister

chariot trailer prices :gulp!:
    there’s a recession on you know 😉

looking more around £100!

MrsMugsy
    Free Member

Jane powertrack 360 from ebay

very light, a real all terrain buggy. can only compare to the queeny and this is much lighter to lift in the car and goes over anything.
    the only thing is, it will take your entire boot and it’s not for going into shops, it’s way too wide.

we live in the country and it’s fantastic. manoeuvres very lightly and it’s got disc brakes FFS!!!!

lister

cheers folks, we’re looking at something small like a maclaren, but one that hasn’t got piddly wheels…i’m guessing they don’t exist 🙁

Spankmonkey
    Free Member

Second the Jane Powertrack, We have done 20 mile hikes over hill and dale, its lasted 4 years and just about to be abused by a 2nd child. Very robust, call it the all mountain of buggys but they are not cheap!!

ballsofcottonwool
    Free Member

something like this?

mick_r

Lister – will email some stuff later. Mtn buggy is kind of the stripped down ti-hardtail of the pushchair world.

Mrs has just got it down from the attic and made sure it is all clean / tidy / photographed for Ebay so will send all the info over tonight. We’ve watched a few recently and similar age / condition seem to go for £150 to £200.

Honest specs are here:-
    http://www.pushchairs.co.uk/acatalog/single_terrain_specs.html

I think the exact thing you want is the Mountain Buggy Breeze. Looks similar to ours but nearer Mclaren size (slightly smaller wheels and only 6kg instead of 8kg). However not made any more so quite hard to find (there are a couple on ebay).

dexterbexley
    Free Member

We’ve had aMountain Buggy Breeze for 2 years and its ace – rolls over anything and it’s dead simple with nothing to go wrong really. On country walks I find myself picking lines like I’m biking, it just goes over anything!

Bought a cheap small wheel buggy to go on holiday in Mallorca and it was sh1te – catches on every small pebble and dip and bucks the boy about.

The breeze is a bit more expensive but I still see old models around town as they last for ages and keep their value.

Matt

fubar
    Free Member

Maclaren XLR copes well with gravel / rough tracks..much better than Quinny Zapp, for instance. It has larger wheels than the lower/smaller models and feels to have a little suspension. It’s above your suggested budget if looking for new (ours was about £180) and is still quite large when folded (especially when compared to the Zapp) but overall very good.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Baby advice…lightweight stroller that can do offroad a bit?’ is closed to new replies.