Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • B+ Tyres. Any recommendations?
  • guitarhero
    Free Member

Need a new B+ tyre for the rear of my Stooge as the worn Chronicle is getting ‘interesting’

Considering the
    WTB Ranger 3.0 Tough – reviews seem to suggest it’s more like a 2.5 and I like the width of the Chronicle
    Nobby Nic 3.0 – Believe the old version was prone to knob shearing
    Vee Tyre T-Fatty 3.25″ – Will this even fit in the Stooge?
    Anything else?

BearBack
    Free Member

I really liked the 2.8 NN as a front tire and was happy to deal with the fragility of the 2.8 RR as a rear.
    I am not impressed with the 3.0 purgatory.

scotroutes

I’ve been running 3.0 NNs for over a year and my knobs are fine.

stucowp
    Free Member

I’m running a maxxis ikon 2.8″ on the back of my stooge and I think it’s brilliant rolls well and very predictable when on the limit!

davewalsh
    Free Member

I like the ikon, that’s what I’m running on the back of my Solaris, however if I had room for a 3.0 it would be the Vittoria Bomboloni. Ran one on the front for a while and thought it was great, however didn’t quite have enough clearance for it without it rubbing the fork slightly.

sv

I run a 2.8 WTB Ranger on a 45mm rim and think it’s about 65mm. I can’t fit anything wider on the rear of my mk1 Stooge.

singlespeedstu

I run a 2.8 WTB Ranger on a 45mm rim and think it’s about 65mm.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/Nm7bKu]2.8 Ranger on Scraper.[/url] by multispeedstu, on Flickr

guitarhero
    Free Member

If the 2.8 Ranger fits in a Mk 1 Stooge it must be small as I couldn’t even fit a 2.35 Ikon in the rear of mine, although that was the 29er version.

Not looked at the Vittoria Bomboloni before.

Cheers for the suggestions

guitarhero
    Free Member

Think I might give the Ranger 3.0 Tough a go. Worth a punt at £41

singlespeedstu

If the 2.8 Ranger fits in a Mk 1 Stooge it must be small as I couldn’t even fit a 2.35 Ikon in the rear of mine, although that was the 29er version.

The tyre sits in a total different place with a B+ setup.

guitarhero
    Free Member

The tyre sits in a total different place with a B+ setup.

I know. I was just making the point that the Mk1 Stooge was quite tight for clearance and was not desiged with B+ compatability in mind

funkmasterp

Slight hijack – anybody have any good recommendations for 29+ rear tyres? Just bought a lovely used Stache. Have a Vee Bulldozer 3.25 for the front and not sure what’s good for the back. Currently has a Bonti Chuppacabra.

Sorry OP

davewalsh
    Free Member

Bomboloni again 🙂

guitarhero
    Free Member

What were the sidewalls like on the Bomboloni Dave? So far the EXO Chronicle has been bombproof.

davewalsh
    Free Member

I’d say they’re on a par with maxxis exo casings, it was certainly very similar to the rekon that replaced it.

There’s some pics of my old one here:
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/vittoria-bomboloni-275-x-3

IvanMTB
    Free Member

funkmasterp – Member
    not sure what’s good for the back. Currently has a Bonti Chuppacabra.

I would stick with Goat Sucker. Have them on 2 bikes, and they are bloody ACE 😈

Cheers!
    I.

metalheart
    Free Member

a 2.8 WTB Ranger on a 45mm rim and think it’s about 65mm

Comes up 67-8mm on a Hope Tech 35W…

guitarhero
    Free Member

Anybody using the Apex Nobby Nic 3″, particularly on the rear? Although I didn’t puncture, I noticed the Chronicle was burping sealant when riding the rough stuff yesterday.

I think it’s either the Nobby Nic or the WTB Ranger Tough.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘B+ Tyres. Any recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.