Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Ayah! Ouch!
  • big_scot_nanny

After recent thread by me on how amaze-balls riding is, bit of a rude thump back to earth the last 2 rides.

1) Shifting along, clipped pedal on root, almost threw me over bars but instead was made worse my leavin me half hanging over the bars, my legs wrapped around and under frame, careering out of control – finally stopped by a tree with left forearm taking impact.
    2) this morning – again nipping along nicely, pushed bike over into nice loamy right hander, wheel slips on something (small twig? Wet stone?) folds under me, dumped into undergrowth on top of bike with some lovely bruises and many bleeding puncture holes in right leg. **** ouch!

S’funny, been a long hot dry summer, blitzing along trails just worrying about a little rear end drift on the dust has been the order of the the last 3 months. Suddenly it’s wet and muddy again and I feel the need to get the bud and Nate combo back on the trails.

Arses. Goodbye summer. Sniff.

frood
    Free Member

You obviously don’t live in scotland… there have been a few dry weeks, but we never really got a summer this year.

perchypanther
    Free Member

You obviously don’t live in scotland… there have been a few dry weeks, but we never really got a summer this year any year since 1976.

FTFY

big_scot_nanny

😆

Aye, live in Switzerland, been absolutely blooding roasting for months. From Gourock though, and a brief summer trip home with the kids highlighted the perma-winter issue this year. Nice autumn though, no?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Ayah! Ouch!’ is closed to new replies.