Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Axs and xtr combo
  • tails
    Free Member

I was just reading pink bikes review of sram axs, amongst all the superlatives they say it’s not quite as smooth as xtr.

Say you sweated money. Could you pair a axs mech and shifter with xtr cranks, cassette and chain. So you get shimanos hyperglide with srams perfect shifts.

Would love some e gears but I’ll have to wait a few years I think.

tails
    Free Member

bump for the daytime

DickBarton

I thought the 12-speed stuff all worked with each other, no?

Onzadog
    Free Member

There’s a slight difference in spacing between both brands at 12 speed. Some people say it makes no difference, others say it should be avoided.

I’m not familiar enough with the AXS setting and adjustment to know if it can be accommodated or not.

SirHC

If you setup the mech on the middle cog at the back, there is a 0.5mm discrepancy at the furthest ends of the cassette. The wobbly sram jockey wheels will take this up!

I’m about to put an XTR mech on my eagle setup, as I’ve had enough of returning mechs on warranty when the clutches stop working. Bring back the adjustable 2.1 clutches, type 3 was a step back IMO.

H1ghland3r
    Free Member

Currently running an XTR shifter and mech with a GX cassette and Eagle chain, shifting is flawless and has been for 6 months now. See no reason at all that it wouldn’t work the other way around..

tails
    Free Member

Cheers, just need to win the lotto to buy it.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Axs and xtr combo’ is closed to new replies.