Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Axle conundrum?
  • Kryton57

So I have a pair of these on my road bike:

HUNT 48 Limitless UD Carbon Spoke Disc Wheelset

I already had a pair of these, for which I recently added tyres, cassette & rotors to serve as winter wheels:

https://www.merlincycles.com/dt-swiss-g-1800-spline-25-disc-gravel-wheelset-700c-181087.html

Up front, everything is 12 x 100 but the axle on the former won’t go through the hub of the latter. From the disc side it stops about 1/2 inch in, and from the opposite side it goes through but stops at the same point. I can’t see a ridge, or reason why.

Any ideas?

Thanks

simondbarnes

Hit it harder?

Kryton57

I’d like to get it out again…

simondbarnes

You didn’t mention that 😉🤣

wheelsonfire1

Sometimes the internal spacers and in my experience, the end caps, can get slightly ovalised during extraction for service – Hope are particularly easy to damage. A bit of wet and dry can rectify this, it only needs to be slight and not perceptible with the human eye!
    Hope this helps.

Kryton57

Yep, turns out that…

Hit it harder?

..was the answer. It just needed a couple of solid taps with the palm of my hand to get past what I think is a small anomaly between hub & end cap. And yes, it slides out nicely – I coated it in parks grease to help.

Thats good, now I don’t have a £1500 set of deep carbons exposed to the shitty winter Hertfordshire lanes!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.