• This topic has 15 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by hols2.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Awesome sports images, including MTB.
  • fasthaggis

Excellent,I now want a go on a hot air balloon swing.

footflaps

Some amazing photos in there!

tthew

Brilliant, thanks eddiebaby. Some oarsum shots.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Excellent,I now want a go on a hot air balloon swing.

If only we had a balloon pilot on the forum to advise us… 🤔

fasthaggis

Would a really,really big power kite work ? 😉

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

haha was just googling power kite images

eddiebaby
    Free Member

andylc
    Free Member

Awesome. I’m confused how you end up that high on a hot air balloon swing. It can’t be from kicking your legs REEEEEALLY hard for a looooong time….

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Together with the Red Bull Skydive Team, I did this crazy Project called “Megaswing“ back in 2016. After my assignment I already knew this had to be a tricky one: Two Hot Air Balloons, one with a long rope attached and the other one to jump out with the swing, and of course the Skydiver with his parachute.

“After the first couple of jumps I realized that I wouldn’t get the perfect shot by simply shooting from the inside of the basket they were jumping out of. Lucky me, I had my monopod in the car as well as a pair of radio-triggers. My solution to get the right angle was to hold the camera, that I had attached to my monopod, as deep under the basket and just hope to get the perfect framing.

“Another thing, I asked the athlete Marco Fürst to turn a little bit towards my direction to avoid getting an ass-shot and to get this playful mood in the image. In the end it was the very last try which gave us the moneyshot.”

TheDTs
    Free Member

Love them.
    How many G was the guy on the swing pulling in full swing? Epic Sphincter control..

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Wowawweewaa. Thanks for the share, enjoyed looking at those. massively. As a photographer, the RAW category blew me away.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Definately some crackers there! But how about just ‘snapped’ ones that capture a moment?

Suomi

DezB
    Free Member

Brilliant.
    That video “Parallel” is amazing too.

hols2
    Free Member

the RAW category blew me away

Yep, that eclipse shot must have taken some planning. Must have been incredibly satisfying to pull it off.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Awesome sports images, including MTB.’ is closed to new replies.