• This topic has 16 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by alexh.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Awesome day at UK Bike Skills with Jedi
  • bbx1
    Free Member

Hi All,

Got a Norco Range at the Evans warehouse sale the other week and thought it’s about time I go on a proper jumps course so I can use it as intended.

Used to be fearless as a kid on a bmx, old age seems to have bought fear and taken away my skill. Watched loads of vids online, took vids and friends gave advice too but couldn’t work out why my jumping had got so bad – DMR spikes through the shin didn’t help either.

Within an hour Jedi had worked out stupid things I was doing well re pedal position, handlebar setup and then bought in weight / posture / leg movement / position on the bike and phycology in the mix. Quickly realised that my mates that could jump well couldn’t actually break down why they were good – it was just natural and I didn’t have it.

By the end of the day we had done loads inc jumps, berms, corning and I was clearing tabletops with a gaps in the middle, in addition to his 7ft stinging nettle pit!

It was a long way to travel for me and needed me to take a day away from work but I’d 100% recommended it to anyone, beginner or pro. He’ll break it down for beginners and start with the smallest jump, but also has some crazy jumps and awesome north shore sections for pros.

All in all – legendary – well worth the money and hope I can go back soon.

mcnultycop

He’s ace isn’t he.

I typed a very similar post after my session a few weeks back.

bbx1
    Free Member

Defo, shame to have to go back to work. Can’t wait to get back on my bike this weekend.

mcnultycop

My next ride my freehub died! I’m waiting for parts; I’m itching to get out again.

tooFATtoRIDE
    Free Member

Awesome feedback

granny_ring

Nice one OP.
    He got me to fly, well ok, clear the small tabletop there.
    And that is an achievement if you saw my riding. 🙂

shaungero
    Free Member

Where does Jedi do his coaching ? Haven’t heard a bad word about him.

granny_ring

LOL

Wookster

Shaungero, Herts,

alexh
    Free Member

Tony is superb.

I want to go back and play again.

willard

My session is rapidly approaching! I just hope the wether holds…

jedi

Ah man glad you enjoyed it.

alexh
    Free Member

We went after a very wet, cold week in Dec. I could barely stand up where you park the cars.

The trails rode perfect though, so just hope it’s not too grim when you go.

Stevet1
    Free Member

The only thing I take away from these threads is that Tony probably has the best job in the world.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Spending all day with STWers? Far from my idea of the best job in the world 🙂

toby1

Tony probably has the best job in the world.

He does, and he really knows and appreciates it too.

alexh
    Free Member

He says it’s not a ‘job’. He really loves what he does and is as excited as you are when you find your inner rider.

The guy is a legend.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Awesome day at UK Bike Skills with Jedi’ is closed to new replies.