Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Aviemore snow? Scotroutes around tonight?
  • MussEd
    Free Member

I’m heading up to Aviemore with extended family at the weekend for my Dad’s 70th. Just wondered if there is snow at the moment? A few small children (and some of the adult contingent) are quite excited at the prospect of getting the sledges out. To be honest I’m praying for it, just so we’ve got an easy option to get out of the house all day!

So can any locals (Colin was the first that sprung to mind) put me at ease?

scotroutes

There was a big fall last night up the mountain and more expected. It’s certainly icy round Loch Morlich at the moment so the Hayfield should be fine for sledging.

Nothing in Aviemore itself yet

Hi scotroutes

How are general road conditions leading to aviemore up the A9? Assume it’s all passable up to the mountain road? I’ve got the camper booked into glenmore for the weekend and hoping to start teaching the kids to snowboard.

We’ve got good heating and plenty of thermals!

Thanks

scotroutes

A G4S van slid off the A9 last night (rolled but driver was OK). Other than that, all fine 🙂

The ski road was closed for a while last night/this morning while it was cleared and they always concentrate on getting the road to Glenmore at least passable.

Chains required or just sensible driving?

scotroutes

Chains? I don’t know anyone around here that uses chains.

Not outside of their sex-dungeons anyway.

geoffj

IME the ski road from the snow gate @ Glenmore is usually well cleared and gritted. It’s the stretch from Inverdruie up to Glenmore which can be sketchy because that’s the bit Highland Council is responsible for.
    I’m hoping to take the family up on Friday 😀

MussEd
    Free Member

Thanks Colin. Sledges going in the car tomorrow…

Pickers

A G4S van slid off the A9 last night (rolled but driver was OK)

Scottish remake of The Fugitive?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Aviemore snow? Scotroutes around tonight?’ is closed to new replies.