Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Aviemore locals… Accommodation help.
  • Teetosugars
    Free Member

Are there any (Youth) Hostels or the like anywhere near by?
    Planning a trip up on the sleeper, and would need some basic digs.
    Plan is for a weeks riding/ biviing, but want a vase for the first/ last night etc..

grum
    Free Member

I’ve stayed at the Old Bridge Inn bunkhouse a few times. It’s decent and the pub next door is good – nice food and beers, sometimes live music. Pork belly, mmmm….

http://www.oldbridgeinn.co.uk

I also recommend getting scotroutes out to buy you a 25 year old Dalwhinnie. 😛

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I’ve happily camped at the Rothiemurchus campground. They have showers and bathrooms. For a fiver you can get into the pool and sauna at the Hilton across the road.

Basil

The Rothiemurchus camp ground is great, very friendly ,has a drying room and is 15 minutes by bike from the station.

bruneep

0nion druib duribh driuid Colin has an open home just kip there 😉

unknown
    Free Member

You could always try er… Aviemore Youth Hostel.

CraigW
    Free Member

Also Cairngorm Lodge Youth Hostel, at Glenmore, next to Loch Morlich. About 10km from Aviemore, there’s a nice path through the woods.

Fat-boy-fat

The Aviemore Youth Hostel is actually pretty darned good. Centre of town too. Not as nice as the Old Bridge Inn bunkhouse but cheaper and bigger.

nbt

Bit further out, we stayed at Slochd Mhor. Really nice place and Iain the owner is a former winner of the Golden Spurtle at the world porridge making championships

http://www.slochd.co.uk/

Houns

When you thinking of heading up?

Northwind

I’ve stayed at the old bridge in bunkhouse, it was good. (biking connection- if you’ve seen Find, you’ve seen Hans Rey doing bunnyhops on their picnic tables)

scotroutes

OBI Bunkhouse is OK. Very handy for the pub but the food is a bit expensive (though superb!)

SYHA is OK. Dorms are a bit cramped though.

Glenmore SYHA is a bit further out but has the best views and is near a pub/cafe (visit it now before it’s knocked down to make way for a new visitor centre)

Glenmore Lodge also do rooms if they have any spare when running courses. Might be a bit spendy for a single person though. There’s a bar and food available on site (including huge breakfasts). Also great views but pray there isn’t a SAR chopper having to land during the night.

When are you coming up Nick?

tomd
    Free Member

As above Aviemore YHA is decent and very central to the town (whether that’s a good thing or not is debatable!).

Glenmore Lodge is also very good, but more into B&B money than hostel.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Cheers all, much appreciated.

When are you coming up Nick?

Not sure yet Colin, just trying to work it all out..
    Will, of course, let you know prior.
    Would be great to catch up.

Houns

I *might* be up at the start of May

iainc

Currently sat in a nice wee holiday house in Dalfaber 😀

Was sat in La Taverna with the family late lunch and clocked what must be an stw’er driving past – green scirocco, hardtail on roof fully kitted out with every piece of frame and bar bag adventure kit available 😀 . so c’mon, who was it ??

scotroutes

Must be a visitor.

* waves at iainc *

seosamh77
    Free Member

+1 old bridge inn, pub next door, sorted.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Aviemore locals… Accommodation help.’ is closed to new replies.