Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Aviemore Campsites for family
  • franksinatra

Looking for a campsite for our mahossive tent and family of three young kids. Requirements are quiet site but kiddie friendly, not too midge infested, nice views and clean facilities. Don’t mind it being a few miles out of town.

Been looking at Dalraddy Holiday Park but happy to take any other recommendations.

Simon

Camped at Glenmore two summers ago, kids really liked it. Showers etc are very good.

scotroutes

Dalraddy is my choice these days. Glenmore is full of noisy Glampers and costs a small fortune.

Rothiemurchus is nice but a bit bijou for the larger tent.

Edit: there are half a dozen hookup sites at Dalraddy overlooking the main camping area but also some very isolated pitches if you prefer.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    euain

+1 for Dalraddy – spacious and the kids like the play area. Glenmore is expensive as said above – and can get very marshy if it’s wet.

Only downside to Dalraddy is that you can’t really cycle into Aviemore with the kids (well mine are 5 and 7 and don’t fancy the main road you’d have to take them on).

It is close to Alvie estate for pony trekking etc if the kids want that.

scotroutes

The Badenoch Way starts at Dalraddy and can cycled as far as Loch Insh mostly off-road. It also gives you access to Inshriach Forest and Glen Feshie.

paladin

Dalraddy for me too

franksinatra

Thanks everyone

sweepy
    Free Member

I’d go Dalraddy as well. Glenmore used to be great but nowadays I wouldn’t bother

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Aviemore Campsites for family’ is closed to new replies.