Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Avid Lever Rebuild – what do I need and where from?
  • brakes
    Free Member

has anyone done an Avid lever rebuild?
    I have an old pair of CRs that have failed at the lever (oil leaks out near the reach adjust when they’re bled) and reading around it sounds like a rebuild might help.
    has anyone done this with any success? does anyone know where I can get the right seal/ rebuild kit?
    Ta.

davidxbrown
    Free Member

You can get a service seal kit………. eventually! my LBS sorted mine out but it took nearly three months for the kit to come from the supplier! I picked up a spare brake of Ebay while I waited another avid because it was cheep 🙂 all good now.

nuke

One of my CRs did the same. Bought this…
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=321145505242
    …and problem solved 🙂

Good blokes actually…they are an Avid service centre. I bought a RS seal kit from them as well and they were helpful when I phoned up with a query regarding installing

robinlaidlaw
    Free Member

That’s the kit. Quite an easy job too and should fix your problem. I’ve done one lever on each of out Avid equipped bikes, half an hour will get it working like new again.

brakes
    Free Member

Nice one! I’ll get it ordered. Have you changed your method of bleeding to stop it happening again?

brakes
    Free Member

Not cheap though is it? But I guess it’s cheaper than a new brake…

brakes
    Free Member

thanks anyway, I’ve ordered the rebuild kit off eBay.
    they’re lovely brakes when they work – and they look nice too!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Avid Lever Rebuild – what do I need and where from?’ is closed to new replies.