Avid Elixir SL brakes, nearly new. Also Formula R1S brakes with hose upgrade.

Home Forum Classifieds – For Sale Avid Elixir SL brakes, nearly new. Also Formula R1S brakes with hose upgrade.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Avid Elixir SL brakes, nearly new. Also Formula R1S brakes with hose upgrade.
  • Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

Apparently 6 spare sets of brakes is too many!

AVIDS: £75, or £100 with rotors

This is a set of Avid Elixir R SLs, which came on my Camber Pro. They’re in excellent condition, with just routine fitting marks and a wee defect in the graphics on the right hand lever which you can see in the pics. Still on the original pads which have a lot of life left- I fitted a set of Formula The Ones which I had spare so these barely got used. So not as-new, but as near as dammit.

Hoses were generously long for a medium specialized with 120mm forks and 710mm bars so I’d expect would size up a little. Rotors, hardware etc all available- I’d take £75 for the brakes alone or £100 with the cleansweep rotors, pictured.

FORMULAS: £125

These are basically an R1 lever on an RX caliper, the braking performance is pretty much identical to my R1 set, just about 20 grams heavier. Only slight downside IMO is that the tool-free brake lever doesn’t adjust in as far, so these aren’t ideal for people with tiny hands. Upgraded with Goodridge braided hoses (I had a set of standard hoses cut to length for the Soda and fitted through the annoying enclosed hose guides, so swapped for those) Come with good pads and as you can see in very nice nick- not quite as fresh as the Avids but still in better condition than most.

Also, I’ve got a couple of sets of Formula Oro K24s- will list these some other time but if anyone’s interested let me know, £60 a pair, black or white.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Avid Elixir SL brakes, nearly new. Also Formula R1S brakes with hose upgrade.’ is closed to new replies.