Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Avid Code HELP Please!
  • doug_basqueMTB.com

I’ve searched the web in vain so now I’m hoping for a bit of help from the collective knowledgebase here!

I need a spare pad retaining bolt for a set of ’08 Avid Code disc brakes. I’ve rounded my front on in a fit of temper so will need to drill it out and get a new one before I have to change my brake pads!

I’m stuck out here in Spain so can’t just pop into a friendly local bike shop either so was hoping for something off the web.

Any help would be really gratefully recieved!

MrNutt
    Free Member

is this any good to you: SPARE PARTS LIST

doug_basqueMTB.com

I saw that, cheers. It’s this that I need I guess: 08 Code Caliper Spare Parts Kit Qty 1 Caliper (Code & Code 5) which has loads more than I actually need and I guess is going to cost a fortune!

Any ideas where I can get it though? I can’t find it on the web anywhere.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    MrNutt
    Free Member

you need the part number, then you could try these guys:

Spain
    Motor Dealer
    Europolis, calle Lisboa , 12-14
    28231 Las Rozas Madrid
    PHONE: +34 91 637 70 97
    FAX: +34 91 637 72 64
    EMAIL: info@motordealer.com
    WEB: http://www.motordealer.com

They are the Distributors if you have no luck with a bike shop, they may be able to direct you to a shop that would hold stock?

🙂

Jezwick
    Free Member

doug_basqueMTB.com – Member

I've searched the web in vain so now I'm hoping for a bit of help from the collective knowledgebase here!

I need a spare pad retaining bolt for a set of '08 Avid Code disc brakes. I've rounded my front on in a fit of temper so will need to drill it out and get a new one before I have to change my brake pads!

I'm stuck out here in Spain so can't just pop into a friendly local bike shop either so was hoping for something off the web.

Any help would be really gratefully recieved!

did you get anywhere finding these bolts, I really should get one for my rear calliper ???

doug_basqueMTB.com

Wow, that's an old thread! I went for the bodge effort and hammered a torx key into the pin and eased it out. I've changed the pads a few times since and the torx key fits in nicely! You've just reminded me that I really should get the proper part.

Sorry that doesn't help you much.

Jezwick
    Free Member

doug_basqueMTB.com – Member

Wow, that's an old thread! I went for the bodge effort and hammered a torx key into the pin and eased it out. I've changed the pads a few times since and the torx key fits in nicely! You've just reminded me that I really should get the proper part.

Sorry that doesn't help you much.

Yer, that's exactly where I am right now 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Avid Code HELP Please!’ is closed to new replies.