Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • avid code 2011 brakes
  • showerman
    Free Member

I have purchased a canyon torque as every bike i have is not up to the job in the alps i like things really too lite so have gone allmountain
    Never owned any avid code (203 rotors) brakes before how do these stack up against hope and xtr which know about.
    I can be a little heavey on brakes when in the alps.
    I have found the magic of uplifts alday.

thanks in advance

neallyman
    Free Member

I have 2011 code on my DH bike. In fact I’ve had Avid brakes on all my bikes including elixr’s on my enduro and now the CODE’s on my TR450 having previously had elixr’s on it too.

Avid’s are not for everyone. Quite temperamental and 2 identical sets out the factory can be miles apart to start with. But after a good bleed, and if you don’t mind a bit of tlc and fettling, they work tremendous and the CODE’s in particular have just the right feel and power for me. In fact the new CODE’s have an abundance of power if that’s what you’re after.

I’d advise getting the basic CODE R’s as it’s generally the AVID levers with the adjustments like pad contact adjust that give the most problems in my experience.

coatesy
    Free Member

Pretty good brakes, but the magic trick with them is to align the calipers perfectly (absolutely dead square to the disc in all planes, and perfectly centred over it), free up the caliper pistons, and make sure they’ve had a good bleed before using them, this way you’ll get the best from them.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘avid code 2011 brakes’ is closed to new replies.