Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)
  • Avid BB7s – £1.80; really?
  • keir
    Free Member

Got the same dear john letter as above overnight.

stevied
    Free Member

Me too 🙁 Although I had a ‘dispatch’ email from eBay on 26/11..

5plusn8
    Free Member

Got my rejection this morning.

PJay
    Free Member

It doesn’t sound as if they’re going to honour the price then and are starting to get negative feedback as a result.

Poopscoop

Yep, dear John letter here too.

charlielightamatch
    Free Member

I’ve asked them to send me the brakes being as they are still selling them.

Poopscoop

^^ Lol, good point. Let us know what their reaction is!

otsdr
    Free Member

If it was a genuine mistake, why would they honour it? You lot were expecting fakes or potatoes in the mail and now you’re pushing for getting (what looks like) the genuine article for 2 quid? Really?

Poopscoop

I’m not pushing for anything and have already told the seller a refund is fine. It was only ever a punt.

That doesn’t stop me being curious as to how they reply to Charlie though…..

MikeG

I’ve done the same as Charlie, told them I thought they were trying to back out of honouring the sale but they could send me a set of the obviously ok ones they are still selling.

Expecting a refund though anyway and, as others have said, I wasn’t really expecting them to arrive or actually work if they did arrive so it’s more that I want to cause them a little inconvenience first.

charlielightamatch
    Free Member

No reply yet. When I look back at my purchase and enter the same eBay item number it comes up as the same product but at a higher price.

They didn’t say to me the price was wrong, just that the quality wasnt up to standard.

stevied
    Free Member

Just had this message from them:

Dear customer,

Thanks for your message. Due to a shipping problem, we have a lot of orders which has been lost during the shipment and your order is one of them. Also, we didn’t have enough stock to dispatch to you. In this case, we would like to compensate you a full refund. Sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.
    Thank you.

So my order was lost during shipping but they didn’t have enough stock to dispatch my order???

brassneck

I was told they were recalled due to a quality problem.

I suspect the quality problem was they didn’t exist at that price.. have been refunded now though so all a bit odd.

stevied
    Free Member

I was told they were recalled due to a quality problem.

That’s what they told me, originally..

winston
    Free Member

But on the plus side at least they have harvested a whole load of useful paypal info to sell on….

Poopscoop

^^Tin foil hat muchly? 😏

plus-one

What’s the chances of all you guys not getting brakes being called John !!

ajantom

Weirdly, I appear to have been the first to have received the ‘recall’ email, but haven’t received a refund yet.

Curiously the brakes are actually showing as dispatched on eBay. Though I would guess they aren’t!

MikeG

Had another message, and a refund, when I got up today

Dear customer,

Thanks for your message. Due to the system problem, our system listed the wrong price. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. In this case, we would like to issue a full refund asap. Thanks for your understanding.

Sincerely,
    Casie

grarea
    Free Member

I wonder if they just hope that some people don’t claim their money back.
    Did anyone actually receive them?

grarea
    Free Member

Dear customer,

Due to a system problem, the system listed the wring price. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. In this case, would you accept a full refund as our apology. Thank you.

As said before, I already received the posted email.

Mowgli
    Free Member

It’s just a pricing mistake, I doubt anything more sinister. It’s quite sad reading the outrage in their recent negative feedback by people who so desperately wanted their £1.80 brakes!

ianpv
    Free Member

I ordered a set, got the dispatch note then the quality recall email. If they’d just said ‘sorry, we mis-priced it, we can’t afford to sell it at that price’ I’d be perfectly happy. It’s the bullsh*t I don’t like – the dispatch, the artificial recall is just silly of them.

grarea
    Free Member

I mean, I am not entirely surprised to end up with nothing.
    It is what it is.

However, I am kind of curious about it.

If it was a simple pricing mistake, you would think that they would just tell me.
    But they didn’t. They told me that they had posted it.

They then waited for me to contact them before they offered me a refund.
    (I deliberately gave them plenty of time)
    I bought on 23rd Nov.
    Told was shipped 26th Nov.
    Due date was 3rd to 5th Dec
    I contacted them on the 12th to see if it was coming.
    They replied the following day to say they are offering me a refund.

No conclusions, just kind of interesting.

Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)

The topic ‘Avid BB7s – £1.80; really?’ is closed to new replies.