Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 74 total)
  • AVB – coat on a shoogly nail? ( Look away if waiting on the result. )
  • tiggs121
    Free Member

If it’s not it should be!

5-0 at home is p45 material these days.

binners

When the few supporters who’d stayed until the end boo the team off, it’s not normally a good sign. Not the first absolute thumping they’ve had this season either.

A few more results like that and they even drop below us! 😉

Junkyard
    Free Member

What he said – its like folk expect a miracle turnaround from simply sacking the manager
    He needs time as do the new platers tbh – wenger has won nothing for 9 years for example and got thumped at the weekend should he go as well?
    Who do you think could have stopped Suarez today just out of interest?

You may wish to edit the title as well in case someone has not seen the result and they are trying to avoid it

pingu66
    Free Member

He was found out at Chelsea, he is getting found out again. I am all for giving someone time but getting an absolute drubbing when you meet any quality is inexcusable. OK Suarez was good today and they did try to stop him with a Bruce Lee style attack.

It’s not IF it’s WHEN.

spursn17
    Free Member

Don’t sack him, let him have until the end of the season.

New players being bedded in, and defenders out injured. Never ever let Kyle Naughton wear a Spurs shirt again as he’s utter pony, and start Holtby and Lamela as they’ll feed Soldado more.

Junkyard
    Free Member

nice edit but I think the bit where you say he will get sacked is the bit that lets them know it did not go well

Its an A for effort though

loddrik
    Free Member

Suarez prob off to Madrid in the summer I’ll bet. But he’s worth a damn sight more than Bale now.

PrinceJohn

Weirdly tho aren’t they on their highest points tally at this stage of the season?

It does seem more open this season but currently the only difference between the top 4 is manure are missing and Liverpool have taken their place.

MSP

On a more important note, I have yet again **** up my fantasy football team, by having Ageuro instead of Suarez as captain, these last few weeks have been very costly. This week especially I thought he might struggle, with Gerrard missing, having to carry the team all by himself. But no another great performance from Suarez and possibly Liverpool’s best team performance of the season.

Damm you Liverpool and Suarez! ***shakes fist in the air***

Junkyard
    Free Member

he is a lovely captain scored more than the rest of the team last two weeks !!! 80 ish points in two games !!
    I am tipping Rooney for the next few weeks 😉

weeksy

Most enjoyable today

MSP

I am tipping Rooney for the next few weeks

You say that as a joke, but it does appear that any half decent performance from a Utd player gets them bonus points, and usually that especially applies to Rooney. Somehow Utd have received as a team more bonus points this weekend than either Liverpool or City.

Klunk
    Free Member

the trouble with AVB is he’s just not enough….

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AbNBj6S5xs[/video]

bring back el tel or ‘arry

bren2709

No fight and ambition.
    Conceded 14 goals in 3 matches (West ham, City and Liverpool) that ain’t good football.

Defo myst be sick as ***k, I know I am!

We won’t finish higher than mid table if we are lucky!

ourmaninthenorth

You know when you click in a thread when you know you shouldn’t. Well I just have.

I’m usually someone to say give the man time, but FFS…!

jambalaya
    Free Member

He wasn’t good enough at Chelsea and he’s no better for us at Spurs. Levy’s made a big mistake pushing out Rednap in favour of this guy who frankly has no track record other than in the little league.

CaptJon
    Free Member

after the transfer window shut the DoF (can’t remember his name) was getting praised heaped on him for signing so many players, but now it turns out some aren’t right for the team it is all AVB’s fault.

I hope he stays, but Spurs aren’t exactly loyal to managers, and i hope they finish outside the top 6.

Muke
    Free Member

No surprise but …
    AVB Gone

badnewz
    Free Member

Go get Arry on the blower.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

awesome, one more to faulter in Newcastles way 🙂 Sticking with Pardew is paying off.

In the end AVB needed time like all the other managers, Man U are whinging but having seen the old guard move on and never get properly replaced it’s time for a rebuild.

In the end of the day getting a 2-2 draw sounds better than some have managed and not going to Anfield until the last day of the season when Suarez will be banned again sounds a lot better.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

AVB deserves the sack … No shots on target yesterday…. not one !!

That is really bad.

But no don’t get ‘arry on the blower

Or Capello…. Edit… oh no … he’s 2/1 fav

Michael Laudrup please and he can bring back Steven Caulker and make Michu his first signing.

weeksy

well Negredo had one that was called back for the foul on the keeper… he was also not far off from the belter early on…. Either of them could have changed the game completely.

badnewz
    Free Member

Spurs will make another bad appointment. The only appointment Levy has made (and he has made many) which has worked was Redknapp, and that was mainly because they were going to get relegated.

winston_dog
    Free Member

That is just ridiculous. I thought they had made their best start to a PL season?

A couple of shocking results don’t make a season.

Give someone £100 million to spend and then sack him a 1/3 of the way through the season!

Hopefully, things will get worse and they will free a top 4 space up for the Toon!

mactheknife

winston_dog – thats the premiership for ya, there is no long game these days. Its instant results or the manager is gone.

neninja
    Free Member

Capello clear favourite (now 5/4 with some bookies)…….. oh dear for all you Spurs fans.

Garry_Lager

He didn’t seem able to manage the media very well – built pressure on himself that could have been avoided (plus he made a tit of himself with that Lloris concussion incident).

Team’s playing poorly, tactics v questionable – not the time to take on the media. Well maybe if you’re Alex Ferguson it is, but AVB just didn’t have the capital to behave like that.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@Muke, thanks hadn’t seen that. The right decision. This season is dead now, top 4 is beyond us. Caretaker manager then appoint someone decent in the summer.

@Gary – never mind managing the media, how about criticising the home supporters. He’s a looser.

binners

Looks like our chances of a top four finish just looked up a bit 😀

badnewz
    Free Member

He’s a looser.

Alas he’s a very rich loser. Amazing the payoffs managers get for failure.

Junkyard
    Free Member

why failure look at where they are in the league – what is it 85 managers in the league are greater failures than him

you need to show some loyalty to the person you pick to run your team – well not in football but lack of stability rarely breeds success

jambalaya
    Free Member

@badnewz – indeed !

bren2709

The day just gets better!

Hopefully get someone with a bit of pride and passion for his beloved Tottenham………..
    Welcome home JK.

lemonysam
    Free Member

Welcome home JK.

Harsh.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

JK after the world cup !!

Would take Jambalaya idea of a caretaker until then

badnewz
    Free Member

but lack of stability rarely breeds success

This is very true, and that’s why I disagreed so much with the Redknapp sacking. I know there was the court case and the England speculation, but they had been resolved and Spurs should have renewed his contract to bring in that much needed stability.

Spurs have suffered their biggest away and home losses for many years, good teams are playing through them, and much of that comes down to AVB’s managerial shortcomings (which had already been demonstrated at Chelsea). He’s turned a fairly decent team into a pretty mediocre one (Levy and Baldini also share some blame). I wish him well but I don’t think he has what it takes to succeed at the top level (the Porto side he managed had been largely built by the Porto director of football).

Ultimately I blame Levy (and Joe Lewis) for the situation, as they should have kept Redknapp.

bren2709

lemonysam – Member

Welcome home JK.

Harsh.
    [/quote]

Am I missing something?

lemonysam
    Free Member

Am I missing something?

Nope, I misread your post. I’ll get my coat.

binners

Perhaps if you leave a big suitcase full of non-sequential used notes at a motorway services, Arry will come back?

badnewz
    Free Member

Slightly off-topic, but I also think Liverpool should flog Gerrard if they want to progress. They are a better team without him.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 74 total)

The topic ‘AVB – coat on a shoogly nail? ( Look away if waiting on the result. )’ is closed to new replies.