• This topic has 9 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by beb.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Avalanche vs BOS
  • beb

Anyone had experience of avalanche and bos forks and can give me an idea if how they compare?
    I had bos Devilles on my old bike, now on 2014 fox 34s and am not bowled over by them. Generally lacking a bit in support I find. Wondering about an avalanche damper upgrade and interested if anyone could compare them with the bos. Cheers!

messiah
    Free Member

Not many people will have tried one let alone two of the above.

Something I have written before about my experiences with Bos vs. Avy.

boltonjon

I’ve been running BOS Devilles for 12 months

The forks work amazingly – nothing but good things to say for them

However, Surf Sales, the UK importer were still having issues with tooling back in May and my forks were out of action for 7 weeks

To be fair to BOS and my LBS, who gave me a new set of the shelf after 7 weeks, but i’m dreading sending them out for a service or if i have any more failures outside of warranty

I’d be keen to hear other peoples experiences of after sales support over the last 4 months

Importantly though – they really are brilliant forks 🙂

Onzadog
    Free Member

Not tried BOS but I’m perfectly happy with my Avy carts in two forks and the SSV rear upgrade.

mrplow
    Free Member

Can Surf Sales finally service these forks?

mildred

Yes they can.

I’ve just had to return my Vip’r to Surf sales – I’d somehow snapped the air valve off and the end was stuck in the air can. They received on Friday and I got it back on the following Tuesday. Excellent service and big thumbs up for Keith who sorted it.

I’ll also add that I’ve now had 3 sets of Devilles and I’ve not had one problem with any of them. Best fork I’ve used. I can’t comment on the Avalanche stuff but I’ve not heard a bad word mentioned of them. It’s a nice dilemma to be in to choose between the two..!

mrplow
    Free Member

Thanks Mildred, finally sounds positive for UK support :mrgreen:

boltonjon

Great news about Surf Sales getting on top of their game

goodgrief
    Free Member

I’ve been completely bowled over by the Avy cartridge in my 40’s. It’s been a total fit and forget part. I fitted it a year ago, took off one click of rebound on the first ride and haven’t adjusted it since. Gave it a service on sunday and the oil looked like new.
    Fort Bill usually ruins my hands but yesterday I was in the best shape I’ve ever experienced after five runs. Not only that but the fork saved me from a couple of otb moments by holding up when I was sure my face was going to meet the floor.

On the other hand, my 36’s have been re-valved by J-tech for more support and they are also phenomenal. James only charges 15 quid on top of a service which is a bargain.

beb

Thanks for the replies all, just picked them up as am over in Australia. Thought it would be a long shot that anyone would have experience of both. Will have a read through but like Mildred said they both sound like good options!! Cheers

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Avalanche vs BOS’ is closed to new replies.