Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Avalanche Dampers – Which Tune…
  • mikewsmith
    Free Member

Somewhere between AM and Enduro….

Anyone gone for either? what is the range of tuning like when you get them. How much range of control do you have over the compression tunes and the rebounds?

Cheers

LoCo
    Free Member

Sure they’ll be adjustable internally if not quite right 😉 Messiah will be along in a mo to tell you how much adjustment externally on the knobs 😀

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Cheers LoCo, I was guessing the internal adjustment was there just not sure who in Oz would be the best person to get that done with 🙂

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    LoCo
    Free Member

Something dynamics, can’t remember name should be able to help worked with hi years ago in London, WC DH spanner with own suspension company at same time think it’s NS

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Cheers, heard of them and I think the LBS uses them too. Come close to sending some stuff back up north recently due to Fox backlogs…

doof_doof
    Free Member

My experience with Avy (rear shock) is that the external adjustments are really fine tuning only. If you’re not sure, spend a few bucks and phone Craig at Avy up, he will ask you the appripriate questions and figure out what’s best as long as you’re honest about what riding you do.
    Edit – check out the Knolly forum on MTBR for loads of real world user info on Avy shocks and fork upgrades.

messiah
    Free Member

Make the call and speak to Craig about how you want a shock to feel.

I’m not sure how the range of adjustment changes the feel as I did little more with mine than try one click either side and then go back to what was recomended as it worked so well (From running a CCDB I learned how easy it is to ruin the feel of the bike by getting carried away with fiddling… the recomended settings were almost the best). Click wise my Avy was set-up in the middle of what is twenty something clicks. When I was speaking to him about changing my frame he reckoned I could re-use my shock with a few clicks adjusted as the range was good enough (I sold the shock with the frame and have a new shock with Craig ready for my new bike).

robinlaidlaw
    Free Member

Definitely call Avalanche and speak to Craig, or at the least, e-mail them, you’ll get a reply from him that way too and he’s very helpful.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Cheers, sounds like it’s a call to the States. Had a chat in the LBS this evening and with a mate who got some so fairly convinced.
    The hardest bit now is describing my riding…

Yetiman
    Free Member

+1 for talking to Craig. I spent about 30 minutes on the phone discussing my requirements for the DHX 5 air shock I sent him. I’m itching to get it back and on the bike.

legend
    Free Member

Another vote for phoning the man. The return on investment from a quick chat with him is absolutely worth it

Onzadog
    Free Member

I filmed some of my riding and sent Craig the YouTube link. Shock and forks are spot on as standard

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Avalanche Dampers – Which Tune…’ is closed to new replies.