Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Autumn roadie gloves
  • GolfChick
    Free Member

So I have the PERFECT pair of gloves for autumn riding on my road bike, however, they are covered in bright pink butterflies and have BAT FOX written on them…. not really sure what my mum was thinking, other than the fact I was once 10. They have a perfect length cuff for tucking into a l/s jersey, fit like a glove and have the perfect sized nose wipe on each thumb, not too fluffy but just right. But I just can’t pull off the butterflies!

Don’t need to be full on winter gloves as I have some endura gloves for that, I’m aiming for something that’ll suit between 5 – 15 degrees temp. Something similar to what I have but without the prepubescent teen look! I think morvelo are releasing some soon but not sure I can wait if by ‘soon’ they mean hope levels of soon.

footflaps

I’m currenty using 15 year old Specialized MTB gloves I found in a drawer for autumnal road bike duties….

isoo
    Free Member

I bought (heavily discounted) Rapha softshell ones couple of years ago and like them a lot. The model name might be Pro Team glove, or something similar. No padding, insulation or nose wipes but the fabric is soft enough to use any part of the glove for that.

I’ve got active circulation in my hands, and they are bit sweaty at 10 degrees and work down to about -5 in the dry, the sweetspot being 5-0.

EDIT: https://www.rapha.cc/gb/en/shop/mens-pro-team-gloves/product/PTG05XX

LS
    Free Member

DeFeet Duragloves are the default answer I guess.

Duggan

I just bought a pair of Castelli Perfetto Rain or Shine (RoS) gloves and they seem great.

Eye wateringly expensive for a pair of gloves I should say. I have Reynauds Syndrome though (or whatever its called) and get really numb fingers so was just sick of it and forked out.

They still feel quite thin on your hands and I was out in 4/5 degrees the other weekend and didn’t even think once about my fingers or hands which must be a good sign.

lunge

For years I used the old style PX Roubaix gloves, sadly the new model isn’t as good.
    However, all is not lost. These are good for the chillier winter days and these are a cheaper version of the DeFeet Duraglove and work really well.

Kryton57

Galibier Ardennes are very good, a good price and will take you further into winter if needed.

kilo

+1 Galibiers.

stevious

If you have no luck finding a new pair of gloves that suit, could 10mins with a sharpie help with the butterfly issue?

boblo
    Free Member

At this time of year, I use the thinnest Windstopper gloves somtimes with a track mitt over the top. I just bought the gents version of these after getting ~12 years out of the last pair. Here

MoreCashThanDash

I’ve just got a pair of Polaris RBS gloves. Feel very thin but coped with 90 minutes at 3° this morning, and great reflectives if you are out in traffic.

i_like_food

I’ve got a pair of fluro yellow Carnac windstopper type from Planet X. Been excellent (obvs fluro may not be your thing). Good for autumn and even a bit of winter with thin liner gloves.

thepurist

I’ve now got 3 pairs of Galibier gloves, from their roubaix style that keep the chill off to the full winter barrier gloves. If any of them wear out I’d gladly replace with the same.

chrisdb
    Free Member

Assos Spring/Fall gloves. Job done.

akira

Gore infinium flex glove, pretty thin, windproof, shower proof, bit of padding and not ridiculous money.

benman
    Free Member

I use 100% Briskers on the road bike until it starts getting really cold. Far cheaper than roadie branded gloves with just enough insulation and great grip.

chakaping
    Free Member

I have a coupe of pairs of these for Autumn/Spring.

Good for MTB as well as road.

https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/CLCARULRAG/carnac-roubaix-gloves

GolfChick
    Free Member

Oooo both the assos and gore look great actually and the sort of thing I’m looking for. I dont understand why most photos of gloves they look baggy like they don’t fit properly!

GolfChick
    Free Member

I’ve got a pair of the 100% briskers for mtb use but I find the palm bunches up far too easily and doesnt work well for road when hand is twisted most of the time and I dont think they ‘fit like a glove’ but they work for the mtb.

benman
    Free Member

@golfchick Sounds like to may have a pair which are too big? My Briskers almost stretch on, and are very close fitting (like a summer glove fit)

BigJohn

I have 2 problems with cycling gloves. They’re always stupidly small (especially the thumb length which is a literal pain – and I’ve only got little hands) and the price!

Last year I was in Millets and picked up 3 pairs of gloves for different temperatures and they’ve been excellent and comparatively cheap – even the 2 North Face pairs.

easily
    Free Member

I’m getting some of these next time my gloves wear out

https://loffi.cc/products/adult-2-0

… though maybe you think it’s as bad as the pink butterflies

scaredypants

the batfox ones sound fantastic – do they come in XXL ?

I have some Fox attack. Not really warm at all but a bit thicker than summer gloves and water resistant(ish if you half close your eyes). I likes ‘um

https://www.leisurelakesbikes.com/144079/products/fox-attack-waterproof-gloves-dark-red.aspx

this product is no longer available

🙁

IvanMTB
    Free Member

https://loffi.cc/products/adult-2-0

Ohmyword… Wantwantwant!!!

Why-oh-why Mediums to be shipped at the end of November 🙁

Need them now…

Cheers!
    I.

matt_outandabout

Mmmm, Batfox with pink and butterflies!

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Autumn roadie gloves’ is closed to new replies.