Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Autumn rides
  • jedi

i love riding this time of year. is it me or are there more leaves left on trees than there should be at this time?

crosshair
    Free Member

Everything was a month or two late growing this year so the leaves are correspondingly late dropping. It’s also pretty mild still at the moment.

accu
    Free Member

it`s my favorite time of the year..
    still lots of leaves on trees..

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

That’s a clean bike.

rewski
    Free Member

@ accu – what pedals are those?

ononeorange

Accu – what bike, please?

jekkyl

accu that bike is way too clean, ride it more!

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Tsk..You have some debris in your crank arm bolts, for god sake get the toothbrush out.

johnny

Ditto best time of year for riding. I think its a combination of things;

The fact you know it won’t last, as every day feels a bit wintrier, makes you appreciate it more.

You also don’t have the expectation you have in summer, so when its good weather it’s a real treat.

Also bad weather is a novelty at this point. (this summer at least) So wearing jackets and getting sideways in the mud feels good!

Everywhere looks great.

Its worth taking a bigger bag than usual to go foraging for wild tucker..!

accu
    Free Member

was first ride with my new dialledbikes PA classic frame….(my 3rd PA .)..new frame ..old parts (05 pike !)
    @ rewski…old specialized lo pro mag 2..
    another pic to report the leaves situation… 🙂

yunki
    Free Member

bars look a bit short/narrow.. what’s the dimensions on them..? 😯

accu
    Free Member

nukeproof warhead 800 ..bit short..couldn`t find wider ones.. 😆

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

Autumn rides

….

Are the beginning of the end.

I really begin to hate riding this time of the year.

I used to love it. Out in all weathers, all times of year, snow, rain, wind, darkness.

As more winters go by I look forward to this less and less, and now am mostly averse to it.

It’s as if all the joy, fun and excitement of MTBing is lost.

Sometime around about now the road bike gets wheeled out and that’s basically it – until I can face the prospect again of numb feet, cold hands and slithering about at considerably less than dry-trail-pinning-it speeds.

soulwood
    Free Member

Autumn is the start of the Mud Tech season, where only true riding jedi’ can “feel the force” when riding over a carpet of slippy leaves which hide roots, rocks and holes. Great fun. Also as the weather gets colder there are less morons out and about getting in the way. Bonus.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Autumn rides’ is closed to new replies.