• This topic has 13 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by P20.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Auto Watchwinders
  • P20

We’ve been banned from wearing our wrist watches at work, so my Omega Seamaster is just sitting n the bedside table. 🙁
    Does anyone use an auto winder for when they aren’t using their automatic watches or do you just settle for winding it up manually now and then?

cynic-al
    Free Member

I’m told that certain activities involving rapid repeated wrist movement, some of them quite brief but undertaken at least daily by watch lovers, are very effective at keep the mechanism wound up (and the wearer not wound up).

IHN

If mine’s not been used for a while it just needs a quick ten second shake and it’s all fine.

Same goes for my watch.

Cougar

Wear it in the evenings?

(Or, stick it in a pocket?)

Speeder

No idea about auto winders but banned?!?!? Too much internet I understand but wristwatches?

thepurist

No idea about auto winders but banned?!?!? Too much internet I understand but wristwatches?

Maybe he’s a vet…

P20

I’m a Paramedic. They’ve decided we need to be bare below the elbow.

DrP

I extended the same idea to bare below the waist.
    Didn’t catch on.

DrP

breatheeasy
    Free Member

I’ve got my old Omega on a watch winder. Works fine. Always useful when I just want to grab it and go out. It’s a very old watch (same ages as me!!) and the date setting is a pain plus it’s supposedly better for the watch.

Some watches don’t work – the Oakley I have too doesn’t seem to like just the gentle turning, need more, erm, vigorous movement.

scaredypants

I extended the same idea to bare below the waist.
    Didn’t catch on.

might offer somewhere to hang a watch though !

P20

Breatheasy which model do you have?

CountZero

Some watches don’t work – the Oakley I have too doesn’t seem to like just the gentle turning, need more, erm, vigorous movement.

I believe there are pocket-sized battery operated devices that you can fasten the strap around… 😯
    Otherwise, can’t you just put it into a fastenable pocket? The regular movement ought to keep it going, then you just put it on after your shift.

breatheeasy
    Free Member

P20 – just a cheapy Time Tutelary one, something like this

if you’re not boycotting Amazon…

P20

Cheers. Found those on eBay and wasn’t sure if they’d be any good

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Auto Watchwinders’ is closed to new replies.